warrior vs. 400ex i know i know

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
come on, a 350 warrior makes 20hp weighs 400 lbs can take a z400, making 29-30hp and weighs 375lbs? No way.

I love my warrior but a z400 is superior in about every aspect.

I love my warrior as well, and my best buddy rides '04 DVX400. That things liquid cooled ,oil cooled,
400 cc ,better susp.,overall new technology. It hardly compares to sohc,348cc air cooled. He has more jam everywhere, and can create and maintain a desired speed in mid range easier than I can. Even saying this, when it comes to tight trail riding,I lead or at least I let him lead and he can't shake me. I'll pass him again in the tight stuff. We are both equal riders but I drive way more aggressive. Also he is worried about "scratches" on his new machine. LOL Thats what they're for.My old girl has been paid for a long time and does not owe me anything. I gues that makes me "dangerous" :cool:
All and all when machines are close in size, rider mentality is the key.

;D Use The Force ,Luke.................It's always worked for me

Id say in drag racing its about 50% rider in MX about 75% rider because either way the stock suspension on a Raptor or Warrior is poor compared to any of the 400's. Now if you add some suspension to the mix your definetly Right there with a 400 if you can ride at all. For the person who said 25 vs 18 thats a big difference when your talking sub 400 pound vehicles the power to weight ratio is alot different then a car when 20hp difference isnt as big of a deal.

I would have to say that a warrior in stock form sadly enough will not beat a 400ex, unless you are in the woods. A pipe, jets, airfilter will get you closer but still you are really gonna have to pound it to beat them. Now if you go to the piston and cam you stand a much better chance of beating them. But even with all of this the truth is the 400ex responds better to mods than the warrior. We see an average of 2 horsepower for a pipe wheras a 400ex sees an average of about 4. As long as the 400ex stays stock or maybe just piped you could take them with some mods, but if they start modding (piston, cam, etc) then you are gonna have your hands fulll. :cool:

I was catching up to a stock 400ex with 2 riders on it, we were on a very smooth packed gravel road, and he was about 2 quad lengthes ahead of me, and in like 10 seconds i cought up to him to about 1 quad lenght.Also, if the warrior didnt have 6 gears, we would be getting smoked by blasters, unless yamaha changed the gearing.

i bet you kick the 300 ex ass i have a raptor 350 and ive raced a 250 ex and it was a peice of cake ... i have no problem beating a z 400 in trails but as soon as i get in a nice open spot the z passes me and its hard to keep up

**** it i was tlking to hero about him racing a 300 ex didnt know there where more pages

400 stroker with pipe and filter alone = minimum of 34hp (only midrange cam). That with a race cam will hand a 400's ass right back to em'. Get a ignition and suspension and a few other goodies and you're gonna have a hell of a time!!! We need to develop a new head for the warrior/rap 350 motor with many more valves, that'll make us **** our pants with all the extra power.

Back