Warrior Edelbrock Qwiksilver Carburetor!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have joined the edelbrock club :) got one today of ebay for 366 shipped. now i have to wait...

YAY
iconbeer.gif

really... hmm wtf my throttle cable wheel is anodized red and ****.

I also got the twist throttle vversion though, and you have to have 2 throttle cables so there are 4 holes in the slide wheel instead of 2. Im not liking the twist all that much because you have to twist it further than a stock carb with a twist, but i think maybe most of it was my grip moving around because i didint have glue on it. I put some glue on it yesterday should solve my problems. I loved the twist before now im thinking about going back to thumb idk. If i go back to thumb its only gonna cost me about 30 bucks for the cable.

so how do you tune them is it just a screw thing insted of messing with jets

so how do you tune them is it just a screw thing insted of messing with jets

In an Edelbrock carburetor the needle becomes your "jet". There are multiple needles tapered differently (some more gradual some more aggressive) for fuel delivery. This needle sits inside the fuel feed hole so as the slide raises/lowers pulling the needle up/down depending on what kind of needle it is (a richer or leaner needle) and how you have it adjusted (up or down farther) dictates the fuel delivery you get. The adjustment dial raises or lowers the selected needle you have for tuning. Just like jets if your needle is to rich or lean you need to swap the needle out for the correct one and adjust the height to tune with the one you have selected. It may sound like a lot but the method so far for me has been flawless and is MUCH easier!! In addition you have a tunable accelerator pump that gives you the fuel you need for instant throttle response and NO CHOKE priming of the motor for easy cold starts (even in the dead of winter).

i got mine yesterday and will start to tune it...mine has the red throttle cable wheel like deaths....cant wait to get it dialed in

where could i buy one 4 a raptor 350 my dad says once he finds the site he'll buy it in a hear beat

Back