Upper Motor Mounts

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skeeveman

Reaction score
I just picked up a new project, and it needs lots of TLC. I believe the frame from bottom to top may be tweaked. I haven't ripped the engine off and started measuring to find out yet for sure yet, but the upper mounts are making me think it is. Both mounts have been broken, one almost completely missing. I have a new set on the way so I can mock it up when trying to tweak everything into position.

If you look at it facing forward, it appears the motor is shifted too far to the left, about a half inch. The chain appears to be dead on staring from behind, which tells me it's sitting true at the bottom.

Anyways, here's a pic. If anybody can post pics of their upper mounts, that would be great reference.

Thanks!

23E5776F-66A1-454A-856C-FB151A17C59C-15380-000000C665BCE442.jpg

Do they look like theses? Commom problem from what I been told, I welded and added washer (welded washer)

motormount1.jpg

this is the repair, washer is on other side, I should look at them, been riden hard

engmtn2welded.jpg

Well, I'm not sure if it's the common problem that broke mine or if it's a traumatic event to the frame. If you check out the pic I posted, you can see the right mount, which is still there for the most part did snap like yours, but according to the tape measure (the motor) is a half inch off to the left. And the left mount, well, it is almost dead nuts up and down with the mount. Shouldn't the motor be positioned equally between the two.

Oh, and thanks for the pics. Any of yours mounted in place?

Do they look like theses? Commom problem from what I been told, I welded and added washer (welded washer)

motormount1.jpg

this is the repair, washer is on other side, I should look at them, been riden hard

engmtn2welded.jpg

that was my fix ...lol...

If I could get confirmation on that, it would be awesome... do you think you could look at yours and confirm, or anybody else?

I decoded the VIN and it shows 90, but I may be reading it wrong. Until it's confirmed, my gut feeling says bent frame. The lower left tube on the bottom of the frame is flat, right below the vin, like they landed on a rock. If this was the straw that broke the camels back, it was a hit that didn't bend the bottom area and shifted the motor to the right, but instead of tweaked the whole left side of the frame upward, forcing the motor to the left.

The thing that gets me is the steering stem has a slight kink going to the left (or right if you're looking dead in it's eyes). And the bars are tweaked as well, pulling backward on the right side grip. This indicates a clockwise barrel roll in my head. Maybe that was a different event. I mean, it is 20+ years old.

Here's a few more pics to give you an idea of what I'm working with. Maybe another site of eyes can tell me what's going on.

9820F52F-C8ED-485B-924D-63C3E53A1824-15380-000000C6967AD151.jpg

46AA0E05-A8BC-4C67-81CC-446800FDB92C-15380-000000C67E799F7B.jpg

716C656E-F808-4F1F-89A4-E26A98C9C856-15380-000000C6545DE927.jpg

38CC4A38-800F-4102-8571-03BDA4BA3136-15380-000000C69C385051.jpg

And here's what it was a week ago before after rolling it into the garage for the first time...

D4835A03-303B-4E7D-A1E9-DBF6844B8919-15380-000000C5BFA5CAC7.jpg

Something def doesnt look right. my top motor mount on the head is centered on the frame... Check and make sure the motor case mount holes aint wobbled out, or the frames motor mounts. Nice SS in the Background btw

That's what I'm thinking it needs to be symmetrical. I actually tried prying the motor over to see if it's wobbled, but it wouldn't budge. Plus, if that was the case I still think the chain would be crooked. But who knows, maybe I will find a "eureka" moment when I yank the engine out (if I ever find the time lol).

Oh and thanks on the comment about the Chevelle. She's starting to feel crowded with the 4 wheelers and dirt bikes taking over.

Ok, since I had two mentions about the car, here's some eye candy... but lets stay on topic haha.

DSC_8245.jpg

DSC_7738.jpg

To the top... anybody got a clean warrior with their plastics tore off, and feel like going picture happy for me?

What about a link to frame specs and measurements?

I just kinda skimmed over all what was said, but if you need upper mounts just make some.. Motor mounts are my specialty.. lol

Hack up some 8 gauge sheet, and go nuts!
For the one thats offset just stick it in a vice, and bend it around till it looks right. Drill a few holes, and voila!!

Back