Tires?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pedro6767

Reaction score
I ride trail and mx and i want itp GNCC tires. They have rear in 21 and 20, but front in only 22. If i get 21 rear will that make me slower on the track because of the increased size/weight, and if i get a 20 rear will the 2 inch diff between front and back make my turning harder? Theyll be mounted on wider offset rims, (+2" wider wheelbase front and back) Or would Razr2 be better, 21 front and 20 rear?

I'd say go with the 20's, the shorter tires will help your machine corner better because you get less sidewall flex, and a slightly lower center of gravity. They're also a little lighter, so it'll take a little less hp to keep them going, and you have slightly less unsprung weight that way too. There's not going to be a big difference between the two though, so if you think you could use an extra half an inch of ground clearance, you might be happier with the 21's.

depends what kind of trails you ride really, alot of wood and rocks stay bigger, brush and what not id even go to an 18 (considering your into mx), i have 20 rears and 21 in the front and dont notice it all, doubt youd feel much differnce with an extra inch

Back