Tie Rod Troubles

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bluejuice1031

Reaction score
So I just bought a 2001 warrior. It's my first atv and I love it. It had some sort of trauma to the front end a while back. The previous owner had the steering set up so that the wheels are true but the handle bars a of slightly.

I tried to do an alignment. I can get the right wheel aligned, but the tie rod on the left is not long enough to bring the left wheel into alignment.

There is a piece on top of the Steering Knuckle Assembly, the tie rod mounting point. it's allen bolted on. Seems this piece is bent so that it barely misses touching the rim, this makes it so the tie rod needs to be longer. Or this piece needs to be replaced.

So...hoping for ideas. Can i get longer tie rods, or tie rod ends with more thread length.....or can i buy that attachment point. I haven't found any yet, been looking.
Appreciate your help,
Roy

I would just get that tie rod mount for the knuckle. Post in the parts wanted section and you should get a responce. someone will probably post on this thread, matter of fact. It's that or get another knuckle. Not the worst idea either. Could be that the knuckle has some damage, too.

Back