Thinking of biulding a motor

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

1998yamahawarrior

Reaction score
Well Ive thought about biulding the motor that Im getting from firechicken, and put it in the yellow and black warrior instead of the other one. If I do I need relatively low cost(warden wont let me break the bank) and reliability. I do have a friend with an engine machine shop, so I can get boring done cheap. Ill do all the disassembly and assemble myself. Obviosly if I do Ill need to get a cam. Just looking for suggestions on whats out there, I know theres the 366 kit and higher compression pistons in various bores.

one thing i dought you will need to buy but a good thing to avoud if you do is dont get a wiseco crank if you need a crank get eather oem or a hotrods those are the only two that will stay

Partly because I am thinking of going bigger than what I all ready have in that one, which really is only the 10.25:1 standard bore piston. Other than the pipe and jetted carb.

Right now Im just thinking, because he still needs to get a shipping quote on the motor.

if your sill to spend the cash and want bigger maybe stroke it. Or if the motor doesn't work out you could do a hybread

hmmmmmmm A hybrid. If I did that Id put it in the blue and red one. That idea with some kinda mud tire would kill around here in mud drags. Guess either way I need to get some of the extra parts sold yet. The wife likes the idea of the warriors paying for their parts. lol

Yep he says its an IT465. Ofcourse then I keep thinkin I should just buy that 87 I found for the shocks and motor and part it out.

I been wrenchen on alot 350, the best mods #1 exhaust #2 intake filter mods #3 compression #4 cam #5 displacement #6 +1 intake valve, there is no replacement for displacement, bigger is better, stroker big bore. use no more then 10.5-1 compression, use no bigger then stage one cam, use stock valve springs with lighter titanium retainers and keepers, air box mods with KN filter, a good 4 angle valve job with valves back cut, do not change shape or size of the ports or valve seat insert, just feather out rough and sharp edges in ports and around valve seat and guide, +1mm or +2mm intake works good with more displacement or compression increase

Ya I thought the intake valve looked bigger, but I couldnt remember. I just trying to figure out whats been done to it, maybe ill send them a question.

Back