stripped

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

humbug53

Reaction score
Well, I decided to take the plunge. Started tearing down the Warrior last night. The poor thing is all stripped down, . I figured that since I wave no plans on going out and enjoying it until my wife and kiddos have machines, too, that I may as well make a project of it while I wait. This way I can fix a few things, replace some stuff, pretty it up, and give it a lil bit o' hi-po parts as well.

Looks kinda pitiful the way it sits, though.

Awesome, take pics along the way! :atv:

Gonna powdercoat it, but not sure what color. Bright silver always looks good, BUT it also looks bone stock, and after all the work I plan on doing, I don't want it to look "production." But here's the problem. Most cool colors would probably look gawdy on a frame. Now I'm kicking around ideas. Thinking maybe a dark "titanium" metallic grey.

Hopefully the pic works.

Attachments

• DSC00675.jpg
    DSC00675.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 33
Yupp, thats a stripped stock warrior. Been a while since I last seen one.

I painted my frame metallic black and it looked awesome!! Here is a picture of mine.

IMG_3210.jpg

03131814.jpg

sorry i didnt have any good close up pictures of it but it looked really good

When i decided to do mine this is what color i chose.

Last edited:
Actually safety orange it`s a little brighter than hemi orange i wanted to stick out...LOL

Well, I had some time to get in the garage today. Bike is completely stripped. Nothing left except the bolts. I put them all back into their respective holes, to label them accordingly. I took a buttload of pictures. Will try to post some later this week.

How much money are you willing to spend?
thats your first question!

just paint? powdercoat? or a gusset kit and powdercoat?

cause i can give you pics, and much info. just PM me, i just had a custom XC racer frame constructed by TPR RACING!

and i came really really close to picking NEON ORANGE also!! good choice also!!

Last edited:
A gusset kit? I don't think my riding style is that aggressive, but I am making a pair of rails for the bottom length of the frame. They'll serve as a reinforcement as well as some type of skid/slider rails. Also considering a reinforcement in the front A-arm area.

I decided to powdercoat the frame "appliance white".

Update... The frame should be home from the powdercoating shop within the week. Bumper and skidplate is on the way. Woohoo

They were powdercoating some other stuff in the same color, so mine got done early. Picked it up today. Looks coooool!

Back