still wont idle right

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wardog76

Reaction score
so ever since i got my warrior it wont start unless choked and wont idle unless on choke. found out my carb boot from carb to motor was cracked. got a new one put on and still wont idle right or start without the choke. Also i hear a small knock every once and awhile form the topend any help will be great thanks!

carb looks pretty damn clean, valves unknown only had the warrior a couple months and have been adding parts to run better and air filter looks decent

Alright Id start by getting the valve lash adjusted to spec, dont have the info at hand but you can find it in the downloadable manual in tutorials. Then we'll go from there, I've heard of some running like **** cause the valves arnt opening all the way. You having to use the choke, tells me its a air/fuel issue some where.

ya im just not sure where yet not sure where else to look

Yep know how that feels, just do step by step of the run down stuff. Make sure if the valves are ajdusted and then we'll go from there.

see its not a tick its a small knock..... knock kncok then normal dosnt sound like valves to me but not sure

it is bu the bowl, the screw points downward and has a spring on it to hold it where you turn it. You can turn it by hand from the left side of the quad

ok thats what i thought and it spits gas im guessing out of that every once and awhile

Back