steering stabilizer/dampner

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bickel76

Reaction score
found a pep steering dampner on dana creech's site. does anyone have any experience with steering stabilizers in general? it was only 170 bucks and was wondering if it was worth the money. found some other models but they were only for 87-00.

But the PEP one your talking about is the rebuildable one, I think. I'm not sure how long they can go without a rebuild. From what I've seen on the internet, if you go cheaper then around the $150 mark then it's most likely not a rebuildable one, they all seem to hover around the same price.
Take a look here:
http://www.dentonracing.com/products/steering.php
~Bill

u do not want a rebuildable one cause it will just eventually come apart cause the bolts to rebuild it and stuff get a non rebuildable and will last longer and then u just throw it away

u do not want a rebuildable one cause it will just eventually come apart cause the bolts to rebuild it and stuff get a non rebuildable and will last longer and then u just throw it away
My rebuildable denton has lasted longer then my nieghbor's non-rebuildable pep ;)

not trying to steal the thread but what exactly does a steering stabilizer/dampner do?

stabilizes your steering ;D. Well it really does just that, you get a Lot less bump steer, and on top of that it doesn't take as much effort to hold the wheels where you want them to be in turns, going over whoops, and uneven terrain.
It also makes no handers easier when jumping since you don't have to worry about your bars turning while in the air as much. Especially when it comes to no handed landing.
~Bill

i would really like to get the denton. the only thing is that they say they dont make one specifically for the warrior. i did read somewhere that someone took one off a raptor and it bolted right up to their warrior. i just dont know if it was from a 660 or a 700. anyone know?

quote from the denton site:

The Denton Rebuildable Steering Damper features an aluminum body and CNC billet aluminum brackets. Features (7) speed adjustment settings. Easy installation. A replacement rebuild kit is also available.
Available for all models
That was taken directly from the denton site, so if they don't have it listed, then I would call them, see what's up.
~Bill

yeah, i saw that the non rebuildable/rebuildable for 20 bucks more says for all atvs. i was kinda wanting the other stabilizer that they have. mainly because klutch has had great results with it. not really sure the difference between the two. i'll probably give them a call. whenever i find out, i'll let you guys know in case anyone else is interested in one down the road.

My rebuildable denton has lasted longer then my nieghbor's non-rebuildable pep yea but denton is better then pep i think

where do the stabilizers mount? steering stem and where else?

olliepop2005, do you have a denton for a warrior or are you riding something else?

just to let you guys know, i called denton today to order their alloy steering stabilizer. unfortunately they didnt have one in stock, but i did find out that if you order one, that the one for the raptor 660 is the one to order for a warrior. i'm gonna check other websites to find someone else that sells one. anyway, just wanted to let you all know which one to order.

just ordered one from magicracing.com. it is the srp model but they say it is the most duplicated ss out there. sounds kinda like what holeshot advertises. i'm hoping that it might be here by monday. whenever i get it installed, i'll post a review on it.

This should help with mounting
I connected it form the upper part if the steering stem, to my frame. Migth want to twelve the bike, it would be alot easier to work on.
First though, turn your wheelies all the way to one side, You want to have it so the stick where you adjust the setting is pointing oppissite the tires. Basically after you do that you just have to connect it from the stem to the frame.
This is how i did it.
myz4Medium.jpg

See how I have my stabiler pointing out the left side, taht means I turned the tires to the right. ;)

thanks for the pic. hopefully i wont have to do any mods but if i do, i'm sure it will be well worth it.

got it mounted but it had to point out the front. i might see if i can mount it sideways. i was going by the 660 instructions. it didnt mount exactly how they said to. there is a cross member at the front and that is where they said to mount the other clamp. for one, it didnt reach the warrior cross member and for two, the clamp wouldnt fit it even if it did. instead it had to mount on one of the downtubes. looks kinda like a damn unicorn with it poking out the front. i've heard that is common because people were wondering if it hits the bumper. anyway, after i get the quad cleaned up i'll take some pics and after i hit the trails with it, i'll post a review.

got it mounted but it had to point out the front. i might see if i can mount it sideways. i was going by the 660 instructions. it didnt mount exactly how they said to. there is a cross member at the front and that is where they said to mount the other clamp. for one, it didnt reach the warrior cross member and for two, the clamp wouldnt fit it even if it did. instead it had to mount on one of the downtubes. looks kinda like a damn unicorn with it poking out the front. i've heard that is common because people were wondering if it hits the bumper. anyway, after i get the quad cleaned up i'll take some pics and after i hit the trails with it, i'll post a review.

I would like to know more about this, since I've been thinking about this since it's been a relatively new issue. Post some pics and some internal pics as to how/where it's mounted. I'll see if I can get some measurements off of mine.

What's the length from the standard mounting location, steering stem side to the mounting brackets frame side. It would help A LOT if you gave the c-c (center to center) measurements, and width of the opening in the closed clamps on the stabalizer.

imtarnished. i can shoot you some acad files sometime. the only problem is that i did put the medium strength loctite on it and it will be hard to get measurements with it mounted. i'll see what i can do. i have to look around to find one of my versions of autocad though. just recently formatted.

Back