Starting issue going riding tomm. need help!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbounds

Reaction score
Hey all I have an 01 warrior 350. I am having an issue starting. I installed a new battery, new solenoid, and new starter. I checked for 12v when the solenoid clicks and I have it, so I checked again at the starter and I have 12v there. Anyone know what could be causing the issue?

What about the one way bearing

Sent from my LG-E980 using Tapatalk 2

I just don't understand what it could be, all connections seem tight, voltage and everything seem ok. I can pop start it and it will run fine but the button just wont work. after I put the starter in I rode it about 4 times with the button working just fine and now all the sudden it stopped working? I didn't change anything only the chain and sprockets since my last ride.

Edit:
Also I can turn my headlights on and they are bright even when I hit the switch ( I don't know if it means anything like a car but I figured I would let you know)

Last edited:
I just don't understand what it could be, all connections seem tight, voltage and everything seem ok. I can pop start it and it will run fine but the button just wont work. after I put the starter in I rode it about 4 times with the button working just fine and now all the sudden it stopped working? I didn't change anything only the chain and sprockets since my last ride.

Edit:
Also I can turn my headlights on and they are bright even when I hit the switch ( I don't know if it means anything like a car but I figured I would let you know)

Check your starter button make sure its clean.. Make sure you unhook battery lol

Check your starter button make sure its clean.. Make sure you unhook battery lol

ok Ill try that, hopefully it works because im so lost right now. and its a pain to push start every time. but im dedicated so im going wether or not the elec. start works.

any other options if that isn't it? or is that about the last thing? I do appreciate all the help. I did wiggle wires to no avail.

Your starter or solenoid could be junk.
Jump the solenoid with a screwdriver and see if it turns over.

Your starter or solenoid could be junk.
Jump the solenoid with a screwdriver and see if it turns over.

I did jump the solenoid but it didn't click or anything no spark no nothing I don't know why because it worked before but ill try again tomm

Check parking break and neutral saftey switch too..

Wouldn't the solenoid not click at all if those switches were bad? Just curious they both seem to be working fine didn't check them they just seem to work fine

After a little while longer of tinkering I found that my brand new starter is bad. So im in the process of getting a new one. Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it

After a little while longer of tinkering I found that my brand new starter is bad. So im in the process of getting a new one. Thanks for all the help guys I appreciate it
That sucks man but I guess it could have been worse..

That sucks man but I guess it could have been worse..

Yes It def. could have been worse. im glad it wasn't and even though I had to push start it all sunday I still had a great time riding. and I just received my new starter in the mail. gonna go throw it in now. Thanks again for the help everyone! :atv:

Back