Starter O-ring

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Houdini

Reaction score
My Warrior is leaking oil from the starter and when I removed it there was no friction on the o-ring, obviously leading me to believe I need a new o-ring! I don't have access to it at the moment, but wanted to try and pick up an o-ring at the store today for when I get home. Does anyone know off hand the approximate size of the o-ring, as cheap as they are I'll by a few above and below the feedback I get. Worst case I guess i could just RTV it.

same here does yours have oil on the case by the starter like drove in a puddle of oil m,ine looks like its from the starter but just put a new starter in??? i need to look but u can see the oil by the starter but after it sets the oil level is ths same??? help.....

but mine looks like oil is getin splashed up on the bottom of the case by the starter....like u drove a puddle of water and splashed up but is oil???

since you have to take the starter off, just go to a parts store with the starter and find one that matches on it

If it goes for a while, it does what you are explaining, the puddle like appearance. I'll hopefully get a chance to try out a new o-ring soon and will let you know if I have any luck!

Back