shorty clutch lever

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The clutch lever's pivot point on my 2001 was egg-shaped when I got it 3 years ago. I replaced it with another stock one that one of my buddies had laying around, and within a year and a half that was sloppy too. If somehow I would crash and completely destroy the lever and perch (how the hell would you do that) I would still only be out of 15 for the perch and 8 for a moose lever. I think if you fucked up bad enough to crush your lever and perch you'd have bigger problems to worry about though.

The clutch lever's pivot point on my 2001 was egg-shaped when I got it 3 years ago. I replaced it with another stock one that one of my buddies had laying around, and within a year and a half that was sloppy too. If somehow I would crash and completely destroy the lever and perch (how the hell would you do that) I would still only be out of 15 for the perch and 8 for a moose lever. I think if you fucked up bad enough to crush your lever and perch you'd have bigger problems to worry about though.

Back when my dad was hillclimbing his 490 he snapped a perch just from landing way too hard. Things can happen haha. Replace it if you feel the need i was simply stating you can use the stock lever and save a few bucks that way.

Yeah I guess stuff can happen to break them, but rarely. I watched my cousin make a real slick move on his lt250r going about 45 mph which resulted in the quad going end-over-end, and landing upside down, and the only thing that got messed up on it was the handlebars got pushed down, not even bent. It takes a pretty rough crash to start breaking stuff (but you know that already lol).

This isn't directed at dswarrior, but a suggestion to all you guys if you're the type that crashes on a regular basis is to tighten the clamps on the lever perches just enough to keep in in place under normal use, so that if it takes a hard hit it will rotate out of the way instead of bending/breaking.

i really like the appearance of those levers. i noticed that bad04 has a set on his new raptor and they look sweet. just kinda expensive

where did you find them? i really like the look of the lever.
Discount at a local dealership. the more expensive **** you buy from them, the bigger the discount, and everyone on the block decided we are all going to be named alex rodriguez so we can get huge discounts ;D

[quote:sltsvc6d]where did you find them? i really like the look of the lever.
Discount at a local dealership. the more expensive **** you buy from them, the bigger the discount, and everyone on the block decided we are all going to be named alex rodriguez so we can get huge discounts ;D[/quote:sltsvc6d]

haha i like how you think

how do you get rid of the switch for the electric start?

You just unplug it underneath the headlight. Then you have to reconnect the 2 wires on the quad to eachother so that the reverse still works.

so i decided to by a new perch today, and of course the place i went sold me the wrong one, too bad i found this out after the package was full of grease, ripped open, and the perch was on. so i hacked away with the file, and ended up zip tying it so it was solid. o yea i broke the aftermarket hardware too, what a piece of ****. my dealer is gettin my foot up his ass once i get time to drive down there.

i broke the hardware on my new perch too. the hardware they give you sucks

I was just putting it tight enough so it wouldn't move during normal riding and it stripped all the threads so i just put a bolt that went all the way through it with a lock washer and nut. Now it's tight enough not to move during riding but will still move if i rolled it or somthin.

i bought a longhorn 20$ perch from rockymountain it said dirtbike only but it works fine i did nothing to it just bolt it on and that was it fit perfect

yeah i really had to crank on this one tho becasue the stock lever did not fit into the aftermarket perch i bought so i had to mod it out and i needed to take up some excess slop so i decided to see if i could tighten it. the next day i went out and bout a motion pro quick adjust lever for $40, works great and i love the feel of the bearing in it.

70 bucks for a awesome lever is worth it IMO. It comes with a 3 year warranty..They are SUPPOSED To be unbendable and unbreakable also. But sometimes this happens..

If you do a search on eBay for ASV you will see that ASV sells refurbed levers for half the price with a 1 year warranty.

Latest posts

Back