shifter mod

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

serento

Reaction score
so i want to do the shifter mod that everyone on here is doing, on my raptor 350. i went to my local dealership and told them i wanted to buy a shifter of a yz250. the first thing they asked me was is it for a 2 or 4 stroke. i didnt know what to get. they told me that the yz250 is 2 stroke and the yz250f is for 4 stroke. which one do i buy???? also trying to find somewhere to get some port and polish work done. i live near dallas,tx and.you would think i could find someone to do it, how much do this cost and can anyone help. thanks a bunch:atv:

I posted this in another thread, but I had some questions about this mod again. Which fits better, the oem one or an aftermarket? Which fits the best without the most modding? Which works the best? Is one of higher quality than another?

I just don't want any unforseen headaches.

Last edited:
I got an MSR one off ebay for a yz250 from hellbound racing- it works like a charm. So long as you dont have pull start I dont think it matters.

Yes but its at such a weird angle its easier to use the stock shifter. I took my pull start off for this reason.

I have one my buddy gave me from his 89 yz 250 and I bent it but it seems a bit tight for the foot

I got an MSR one off ebay for a yz250 from hellbound racing- it works like a charm. So long as you dont have pull start I dont think it matters.

I just had this installed over the weekend and it is absolutely awesome! I dont know how others would stack up, but the bend the MSR one has is perfect.

i went to a dealership the 2 and 4 stroke are different bends? they still work hmm. and the direct shifter works with the pull start but you gotta cut and weld

Back