Run switch problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
When starting my warrior only sometimes i have to wiggle or move the run switch to get my atv to start I think its not getting a connection. Why could this be? How can I fix it?

Be careful and take the switch apart. Either the switch contact area is corroded or you have a loose wire connected to the contact. If the contacts are corroded, just lightly sand them to regain contact. If the contacts look good then a wire is probably broken and you need to solder it back onto the the contact.

should i just by a new unit are they hard to install? because im getting ready for the snow and am trying to avoid being stuck

They are fairly easy to take apart. Take it off the handle bar by the two screws on the bottom and it will split in half. Then I believe the start button is in the lower half, so take apart that half. Be careful, it's not exactly easy to work those pieces out of there but give it a few minutes and it will come apart. Then like I said, sand the contacts and solder up any bad connections. It's fairly easy. I personally wouldn't buy a new cluster but that is up to you. A new unit is easy to install, just unplug it under the hood/light area and plug the new one in.

Yup no problem man, if you got anymore questions, ask away, thats what this forum is for.

Back