rev limiter???

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hayseed71

Reaction score
Ok maybe this is a dumb question. I'm still having problems with my 2000 warrior. Its dropping spark signals at random intervals at any rpm above idle. Now for my dumb question. Is there a rev limiter on warriors when in reverse? If so can it be bypassed or otherwise done away with? Any help is appreciated as always.

I see in your sig you have a Dynatech cdi. These DO have a rev lim in reverse. The programmable ones have a rev lim in reverse and forward. I have noticed the drop in spark in mine when at full throttle and i back off the gas a bit, its like the kill switch is turned to off then flipped back on in a split second, really wierd why they do this....

I see in your sig you have a Dynatech cdi. These DO have a rev lim in reverse. The programmable ones have a rev lim in reverse and forward. I have noticed the drop in spark in mine when at full throttle and i back off the gas a bit, its like the kill switch is turned to off then flipped back on in a split second, really wierd why they do this....

Mine does the same thing just like we talked about.

This is like a rev limiter that kicks in just above idle. If I rev it to say 3 or 4 grand its starts missing so bad that it backfires out the exhaust and thru the carb. It is exactly the same in reverse and forward gears and while sitting still. Its so bad its not ridable other than putting around in first gear with it missing like hell.

Which switch? There are two. Is there a way to safely bypass them? I just want my bike to run. Had this thing for over a month and havnt got to ride yet.

The one causing that is for the parking brake. Yes you can safely bypass it and the clutch switch to if you would like. Theres right ups in the tutorials section for both.

Well I tried bypassing the switches on clutch/park brake. Made no difference. Also checked my timing and it is dead on. I called dynatek and im mailing my cdi back to them tomorrow for them to test and troubleshoot. If that doesn't turn anything up I'm absolutely at the end of my rope.

Back