rear shock squeaking

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eikm216

Reaction score
after riding today my rear shock or something in the rear squeaks with the slights pressure on the grab bar or seat. how can i make it stop? its annoying ths **** out of me.

spray wd40 all the moving parts on the shock and the linkages one at a time until it stops squeaking. Then you found where the squeak is coming from. If it's one of the shock mounts or the linkage that's squeaking you can unbolt that part and grease it up good. You could also spray the part with lithium grease if you don't want to take it apart

i was suggesting to use wd40 just to find the squeak, and then use grease on the problem area

My shock does the same thing... throw a shockwear on it, helps keep the crap out of the bushing and stuff, throw a **** load of wd-40 everywhere. That usually stops it for me

My shock does the same thing... throw a shockwear on it, helps keep the crap out of the bushing and stuff, throw a **** load of wd-40 everywhere. That usually stops it for me

Thats usually why people have parts falling off their quad while riding too.

It is probably the top shock mount, that is the only one that doesn't have a grease zerk. Simply jack up the quad, undo the top shock mount, and grease the **** out of the bearing. WD40 won't do **** to stop the noise, it is only a penetrating lubricant and it'll break down in no time. WD40 should basically only be used to sort of clean parts, dissolve rust, and free seized bolts and bearings.

[quote:48xwrbcw]My shock does the same thing... throw a shockwear on it, helps keep the crap out of the bushing and stuff, throw a **** load of wd-40 everywhere. That usually stops it for me

Thats usually why people have parts falling off their quad while riding too.[/quote:48xwrbcw]
lol... o, dont listen to me then haha

Back