rear shock question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tyler

Reaction score
Hey I was wondering if anyone is running the 2001 raptor 660 rear shock? If so will you please post some pictures? And i know that it has the separate reservoir, and the hose is shorter, so how would I mount it? Thanks!

No, the 2001 is the only year the raptor 660 was made with the separate reservoir all the other years had the piggyback reservoir.

I don't have any pictures of the reservoir mounting but once you get the shock in place it shouldn't be hard for you to figure it out. I used the stock reservoir's mounting bands to mount it on the left side of the airbox, tucked underneath so it was protected but the compression adjustment still was easily accessible. Just screwed it in with 1 inch wood screws, anything longer and you'll have to worry about screwing in to the filter.

On mine I drilled 3 holes and used zip ties to mount it to the plastics. You can kind of see it in this picture by where the 350 sticker is

DSC00501.jpg

How are the zip ties holding up? I was thinking about using hose clamps some how.

Back