raptor carb

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bigranger

Reaction score
The carb on the raptor is different than the one on the warrior, or am I mistaken?
If so, when rejeting, do I take the black cover off to get to the jets. Mine seems a lot different than the warrior carb instructions that I have been using. I mistakenly took off my float bowl while trying to get to my jets.
I'd appreciate any help because I already have it out, thanks.

The jets ARE under the float bowl. Your carb won't look exactly like the warrior's, but everything works in the same basic way.

So I just take the float bowl out and then unscrew the jets? At that point can I move the needle on the pin to rejet it?

Move the needle on the pin? Huh? The jets are in the float bowl, to rejet the main jet you unscrew it(the bigger jet) and put a different size in. To get to the needle you need to take the top cover off, and to adjust it you move the c-clip to a different groove.

the black top i belev is where your needle jet is.. and by pin i think he means the clip to move it to diffrent stages..

Right, thats what I meant. So the black cover is the top. I started to take it off earlier but there was a big ass spring under it so I just tightened it back up. If I got a pipe and filter I do need to move the clip right? Also, is that all I need to do or should I ajust anything else while the top is off?

You might need to move the clip, you might not. Depends on how it runs, but the needle is the only thing to adjust from the top. Some of the time the needle is fine, and all you need to do is go up a few sizes on the main jet.

yeah wht he said you might have to move the clip. it all depends on how the quad is running... altho im not jettin expert i have put about 12 hours into trying to jet my quad right and couldnt do it. that spring under the black cap needs to come out if you plan to move the clip on the needle jet. if you buy a dyno jet kit. its like $60 it come with a handful of jets,needle jet, manual, a diffrent spring and a sticker.. its a good kit if its your first time jetting. i have one. but when i tryed i got so pissed cuz i spent so much time trying to get it running right i just wanted to smash my quad.. so i finally put in some overtime and took it to the dealer and paind 160 to get it jetted

Damn........I didn't know it cost over a hundred bucks to jet it. I got a dyno jet kit but its taken forever to get here.
I ended up moving the clip down a notch. I did not realize that I had to replace anything. I thought the clip was the only thing I needed to adjust.
I'm I just wasting my time if I don't have bigger jets to replace the stock ones with?

the needle only controls fuel between 1/4 and 3/4 throttle, which is what you adjusted with the clip. The main jet controls 3/4 up to full throttle, and if you needed to move the needle you definitely need to put a bigger main jet in.

Yeah, I really had no idea what I was doing but somehow I did it. I was surprised that it was running after I got it put back together. I didn't have time to check the plug because it was late and I was at the fire dept. Then today I had to work my other job so I didn't get to check it either. But I guess I shouldn't bother with it until I get the jet kit.

you don't really need to buy a jet kit, you can just go to the dealer and get a handful of jets for a lot cheaper. For reference, here is a chart that shows what carb circuits are used during the different throttle positions.
jet%20range.JPG

The two brass things to the left in this picture are main jets, you probably saw one when you took the float bowl off. The bigger one is the stock mikuni jet, and the smaller one is a dynojet
jets.JPG

Yep....I saw all of that. I already paid for the jet kit, otherwise I would have just bought the jets, I didn't know thats all I needed. Thanks for the help. Hopefully when the jet kit gets here I can figure it all out myself, I don't want to be paying 160 freakin bucks just to have it jetted by the damn dealer.

Yep....I saw all of that. I already paid for the jet kit, otherwise I would have just bought the jets, I didn't know thats all I needed. Thanks for the help. Hopefully when the jet kit gets here I can figure it all out myself, I don't want to be paying 160 freakin bucks just to have it jetted by the damn dealer.

No you did good by getting the kit, it comes with documentation, all the jets you need (and better ones), a better needle, and stickers w00t! For someone just starting out jet kits are the way to go!

Back