random spark on 88 warior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmudder13

Reaction score
hey guys. i got a problem with my warrior and need some help before i sell it. it will not start untill i tap the starter button about 10 times at about 2 seconds apiece. it seems to start when i let off the button. i can push it down my driveway and pop the clutch and it will start right up and run all day long. im thinking it is the battery. what do you guys think?

well i have to press it pretty hard for it to turn over. but its either turning over or not turning over right?

Yeah......... I would think its not the button in taht case,
If it turns over its doing its job.

Yta have a low amp battery charger you can hook up to it hwile ya try to start it?
That would give ya a idea if its the battery. I dont know how high in amps ya can go to try it but I know 10 amp is ok.

I've seen people jump them with a car battery.................is that ok? I dunno........

I would think its ok to try it that way ..............To my knowledge a electrical system will draw what it needs and power isnt forced into it...............not amp wise anyways. But I wont gaurantee it....... : )

But I have seen it done without a problem.........

well i have had a 2 amp battery charger on it for a few days now and that didint work. neither did putting it on 6 amp for a day. so now i dont think it is a battery. what else could it be?

if your pressing the button "pretty hard" its the button. Replace the control switches. But first make sure everything is proparly connected.

well i have had a 2 amp battery charger on it for a few days now and that didint work. neither did putting it on 6 amp for a day. so now i dont think it is a battery. what else could it be?

If you had it on a charger for that long it could either be your battery is shot, or the battery isn't getting the charge to the rest of the system due to a short, or a split in the wiring. The split could be causing a constant drain on the battery, or not allowing the juice to get to the electricals to start your machine.
Have the battery tested, and load tested, that will answer your questions about that. If it isn't that then it comes down to the electrical system.
~Bill

Back