Project DownriverTrash Raptor 350

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got leakdown tester built. Will do some working on it tomorrow and hopefully get results I need.

gyhy6a3y.jpg

I do know that the raptor motor and the warrior has different fly wheel and cam gear i put a raptor motor on a warrior one time it would not run tell i put the fly and cam gear from the warrior motor on it odd i know but maybe your problem just backward!

Must have just been something up with mine! wish i had more answers but im all out man!

if you use a raptor my hot cam paper work said something about transfer the line and turning it backwards and 180 out of regular time on the cam gear did you have the same paper

I know lol. Hoping leakdown shows me the issues. So far I have nothing into it so im in no rush to finish. Just disappointed lol

Out of curiosity, what percentage was the leakdown on the exhaust valve? I've rebuild quite a few engines for cars and trucks and I know what is acceptable for those engines but I am not sure about a single cylinder engine. This is completely up to you but you could try to take a small plastic mallet and tap on the exhaust valve or spring lightly a few times and retest it. Sometimes that helps to re seat a valve that is leaking.

Last edited:
Ordered some kibble white valves. Guess I get to try out my valve compressor I made lol
Anything is better then what i used on the last few sets i did.

kibblewhites are nice. I would have got them, but I was going to just run my S1HC and didn't want to change springs. Now that I'm going with the Webcam .390 I need springs anyway so I just went ahead and got Webcams springs also.

Im running Wisecos in my Elite but Kibbles are closer and about same price. Not trying to go all out on this one just want to make it reliable for a backup if needed. That way the local powersports place will have parts on hand.

Got valves out today. Exhaust deff bent and intake was ok. Replaced valve seals and now I wait for new valves to come in. Also grabbed some Works shocks for cheap. Gonna drop them by my shock guy and have them rebuilt for Raptor.

Back