Pro X Piston kit

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason350

Reaction score
Hey guys I'm gettin ready to order parts for my top end rebuild finally. I was wondering if any of u have ever went with a Pro X piston kit vrs other name brands? Ant info greatly appreciated, thanks

Should I buy the piston & gasket set as one or buy them seperate?

i think the pro x piston is 9.2 to 1 compression. If you're looking for more power I'd get a higher compression one like a wiseco or je. If you want it stock pro x should be fine. As for gaskets. if you can get it as a package cheaper then seperate go for it but check around and see if it's only a few bucks more for some high quality gaskets I'd get them

Yea I didn't even realize that, thanks elwood. I def want to go with the 10.25-1 compression. So I guess it will be a wiesco piston kit.

Do u think the gaskets in the above wiseco kit will hold up fine? Anyone ever used them?

As long as the mating surfaces are very clean and free of nicks you'll be fine with them. Im with elwood, you pay for what you get.

Any advice u can give me will be very helpful and much appreciated. I am going to do attempt the rebuild myself, it is my first I have watched many videos and am waiting for manual to come in mail. Anything I should do special? Or things to watch out for? Thanks for all ur help

^agree its best to print them pages you need let those get dirty and torn, if you need another copy print it off, keeps your manual clean and in good shape. Top end rebuild isn't bad or hard just take your time and label your parts and bolts so they go back in the same spot, once you do it a couple times or so it gets easy.

Being that I into all things quad related, sspecially rebuilds. A member on least half a doane ATV forums, I have never once came across a serious build that used a pro-x piston. Should give you some idea as to what the typical consumer in this industry thinks of them.

Well there ya go then don't buy a pro-x piston kit I woulg go with a wiseco or je piston kit that way you know for sure you got a good product that a company will stand by.

Ok, well then wiseco it will be. Any more special info or advice for a first timer? What if any special tools will I need?

I suggest replacing the cam chain with a DID. So you'll need a flywheel puller, or have a shop pop the flywheel off for free

Back