Post opinion about a YFZ 450.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuana

Reaction score
I have my 2006 Raptor now for a year and would really like a YFZ 450. Problem is that I'm the only one with a Raptor 350 on this Island and I haven't seen a YFZ 450 here yet. Dealer here would have to order 1 from Japan but would like some opinions from you guys first, I know you guys have ridden or seen them.

Thanks in advance

Do you want something in addition to the 350, or to replace the 350? I remember that you are a tour guide, so you probably end up doing a good bit of slow riding. The 450's don't do well with slow riding, they're designed to be a high revving race machine. Something like the raptor 700 would do much better if you're going to be using it to lead the tours. 700 is definitely a more comforable machine to ride too, the yfz can really beat you up on a long ride.

rode one with a slip on,jetting, filtered, axle, spacers up front, and nerfs. very very stable on the track and has some grunt.

awesome bike but i would suggest riding one before getting one. try to test every 450 before taking the dive. if i would do it all over i would get an ltr and then a 450r. really think about your needs in the stock bike before buying. dont let the brand name fool you. each 450 is awesome in different aspects.

take the time and then reach a decision

-ant

I'm not sure yet if I want to sell the 350 because I really love it but I would like something to go really crazy with not for tours or anything but more for mx. The group on the Island is getting bigger and bigger with mx riders (don't know where they all are coming from) most of them have the 660, 700 raptors and suzuki atv's but most of them are two wheelers 2 and 4 strokes from 90cc up till 650cc. I would like something more with a bite, I read good things about the 450 but I have never seen one infront of me. Maybe I'll just have to wait till I go on vacation to Miami to check 1 out. I sucks thou cause like you know it takes a couple of months to get the bike if I order 1.

I rode one and it was awesome . I absolutely hated it though. Too small, to rough, and it just didnt seem fun unless you were going really fast. If you only use it on the track you will like it alot but it felt soo tiny and cramped ( Im 6' tall) for me.

AWESOME bike. Fast, stable, reliable, did I mention fast? But definitely more for the MX guys. I have ridden both and still have trouble deciding between that and a 700.

A guy across the street bought a new 450 quadracer put a yoshi pipe and a new fuel chip. That thing is ******* scary to ride. You just hit the gas and hold on. It turns well and is a very stable bike though.

I called the dealer today and i'm getting second thoughts because I would really like to get one but he told me the price of the YFZ 450 and almost got a heart attack.
The price here is, if I change it to dollars will come out to $ 9050,- and this is without anything just a standard atv.
A Raptor 700 comes out to $ 9325,-. Maybe the weather is great here and that we are allowed to drive on the road with our atv's but damn the prices here.
Anyway I'll think about it some more and will make up my mind later. I'll keep on enjoying my Raptor 350 for now. Works great not 1 complaint about it.

in russia prices are more crazy
yfz450- 11150
raptor700- 12000
raptor 350- 8900

i`ve ridden yfz. I think you should buy it)))

Well like I said i'll think about it some more because I have some clients waiting for their tattoos and i'll see how much I can put aside to get a YFZ 450.
If I deside to do it I'll post it on this site.

Thanks guys

By the way are those prices in $$$$$.

going from my raptor350 to my yfz was crazy....at first i didnt like the yfz, it sits alot lower, not so squishy seat.....but after a week of riding it nonstop...I F'N LOVE IT ......ive had it since april and wouldnt change my mind on gettin it.....i rode my friends ltr and felt more comfortable on the yfz. But with any quad u buy, its going to be TOTALLY diferent than the 350...so any quad is gonna take some time getting used to.

Latest posts

Back