Parking Brake Removal Question

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ncwarriorrider

Reaction score
Ok guys, I've searched and people say that to remove the parking break switch you simply trace it under the hood and unplug it if I am reading right. Well unplugging the connector under the hood on my warrior activates the rev limiter, obviously I am doing something wrong. I know its a noob question, but I am at a dead end.

you trace the wires down under the hood unplug the two wires and it should be a male and female connector and plug them back into eachother...you should be good after that

thats the weird thing, under the hood it has a two pronged male connecting into a two pronged female, not to sure how I'm going to plug that back into itself.

You will have 2 sensors on the perch, and therefore 2 pairs of wires going under the hood. The set with seperate male and female connectors is for the clutch sensor, not the parking brake. The one with the single plastic connector is the one for the rev limiter, and unplugging it from the harness should bypass the limiter. I never heard of anybody having a problem with this. What year is your warrior?

Figured it out, I'm retarded to say the least. Since I've got my airfilter off right now I had a towel stuck in the intake, and me not thinking I fired it up to see if the rev limiter was still on when I unplugged it.

Well of course the motor won't do much more than idle I've got a damn towel shoved into the intake.

*Smacks face* Sorry for wasting your time guys

We all do goofy **** once in a while, youre a man for admiting it. Sometimes I keep my mistakes to myself just out of sheer embarasment/shame. Good luck, I was much happier after removing that POS parking brake from my Raptor.

haha...thats kinda of like one of my cousins friends who has a banshee..He was gunna order vitos 500cc kit cause his shee was running really badly so he was just gunna completely overhaul it..well right before he sent the payment he went out to take one last look at his shee to see if he could figure out what was wrong..well the problem was that he had a shop rag inbetween his seat and fenders to make it fit more snug..well somehow that rag got sucked through the carb and a little bit of it into the cylinder itself..he just pulled the head off and took the rag outa the cylinder..he felt so stupid afterwards..but after that it ran fine

Ah yes, the little mistakes we all make. My favorite is when I go to start my LT and I forget to turn my kill switch to run, so Im there kicking it over till my leg hurts getting pissed untill I see its switched to off. Of course I only seem to do this when Im with a large group of people who are waiting on me so we can go ride.

I remember I forgot to turn the petcock to "on", so I pushed it through the snow into the garage when before I noticed it, or when I lugged a jug of gas half a kilometer when I ran out before realizing that there's a reserve tank.

Back