only sparks when i let off the button?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmudder13

Reaction score
hey guys recently had some starting troubles with my warrior. i figured out after testing about everything that if push the starter button for 2 seconds then let off and repeat process about 10 times it starts and runs great. after its hot i can shut it off and it starts right back up. what could be causing this? push starting it, it starts right up.

Its a tuff one.........I can see push satring it working better if somthin is weak..........

On the other hand I couldnt figure out why it would start after hitting the start button 10 times>>>>

And it starts fine when its warmed up...........

I dunno what to say, the problems add up to somthing odd???

Is it like this every time?

Ya try a new plug?
Also test your pickup coil.

yeah it does this everytime the motor is cold, it wouldent start one day about a month ago. so i starting tearing into things but didint find any thing, stuck a nail in the spark plug boot and it would spark every once in a while. so when i push the button randomly ill get lucky and its sparks and start up. tryed a new plug didnt do much, i know its an electical problem and when i push start it, it starts up fine.

Maybe starter on the way out ? Putting to much stress on the electical system?

I dunno.........Can ya borrow one maybe?

Try hooking a battery charger up to it while starting it and see if it helps...........

i just put a brand new starter and starter clutch in it, so i dont think its that but could be? doesent really help to have it on the charger

Well then it's either a loose connection somewhere, ignition coil,stator going bad, or CDI. You can buy a tester and try them all except the CDI, I believe that has to be done at a shop. Buy a manual, they help a ton. If ya search the forums you will find a link for a manual to download

Back