no spark what now?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmudder13

Reaction score
the other day i went to start my 88 warrior up and i noticed it started harder than usual. it ran for about 30 seconds while i was warming it up. then it died and would not start for nothin. i pulled the plug and tested for spark and it would randomly spark every once in a while. put new plug and ran fine for 5 mins then died and now im where im at now. random spark when i ground the plug. whats the deal now? any ideas?

check that wire or what? not sure what your trying to say. i went through this same deal when i had the wrong flywheel on it and now its doing the same exact thing.

im thinking its the stator pickup coil. but my batterey died so i cant try things out. my battery is out of acid. could i put used acid out of another battery into my dry one? if not where can a guy get battery acid?

If your battery is completely empty it sounds like what you really need is a new battery. It's normal for a battery to get a little low over time, but if it's actaully empty then there's a leak somewhere.

Also, they say you're really not supposed to add more acid to a battery if it's low, but to use distilled water instead.

thing is i just bought the battery 3 months ago. so im pretty pissed that its already broke, but just a general question is where to get acid? i bought a battery off the internet without acid and didnt know where i could get it

Auto parts stores will have acid, and most will even fill the battery for you.

If your battery broke in 3 months I have a question. Are there foam pads in your battery box, and a rubber strap to hold the battery in place? Unless you just got a lemon battery, that thing must have got banged around to get a leak like that.

no i dont really have much padding in there all i had were some shirts waded up ontop of the battery so the force on the seat would keep the battery in place. could i fill it will water to see if it leaks out anywhere?

First, having a t-shirt holding the battery in place sounds like a hell of a fire hazard. Not having any real padding in there could be the reason you ended up with a bad battery.

You should only add distilled water to a battery, regular water has minerals and other contaminants that will reduce the battery's power and life cycle. Distilled water can be bought at grocery stores pretty cheap.

no i dont really have much padding in there all i had were some shirts waded up ontop of the battery so the force on the seat would keep the battery in place. could i fill it will water to see if it leaks out anywhere?

Sounds like a redneck...

Lol j.m. well go too a G. store and look for some like heavy duty sticky pads and put them on the sides and on the bottom of the battery so the batt fits in there nice and snug... then if it is still bouncing around rig up or what my dad calls it (Nigger rigging) no offense... so that the battery stays in place...

thing is i just bought the battery 3 months ago. so im pretty pissed that its already broke, but just a general question is where to get acid? i bought a battery off the internet without acid and didnt know where i could get it

Just a question, if you bought a battery without acid and never found any to put in it what did you do haha.

[quote:gm3yc392]thing is i just bought the battery 3 months ago. so im pretty pissed that its already broke, but just a general question is where to get acid? i bought a battery off the internet without acid and didnt know where i could get it

Just a question, if you bought a battery without acid and never found any to put in it what did you do haha.[/quote:gm3yc392]

That's a good question. Maybe he dumped an energy drink in?

yeah one of those would have worked but it was a freinds battery so i dumped the acid out of old batterys and ended up with enough to fill his, it worked for long enough that he could trade it in to get his 450r

Back