NJ ORV park

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imtarnished

Reaction score
First off it's $50 for a day pass ot $300 for a yearly pass, and they're open everyday but christmas. I went there yesterday, and I have to say it's not that bad. At first it seemed kind of small, but we didn't know where all the trails were, but once we found them, the place grew on us. When we left at the end of the day the 3 people that went all agree'd that it's well worth the $50, or the $300 for the year.
Safety Gear: You need a helmet, Goggles (no glasses/safety classes), Chest protector, Long sleeves, Pants, Boots that come above your ankle. Gloves are optional, but reccommended.

MX tracks: 2 mx tracks, ones short, and smaller jumps, but tighter turns, but when it's groomed, I think it's the funner one of the 2, and the larger of the 2 has bigger jumps, longer, and a relatively faster track. But after a rain it should be Very muddy, they put the sprinklers on at around 1:30 or so, and there were little puddles of mud where the water collected on the sides of the tracks.

Trails: they have 3 main trails, with about 2 trails branching off of each of the 3 main ones. the first one has some straight areas, off camber turns, one or 2 hair pins, a little bump here and there for a little air. It has quite a bit
The 2nd trail has some longer straights with banked switch backs thrown in and is a quicker paced, and more fun (I think) trail.
and the 3rd trail is one that connect 1 and 2 is a Long one way loop, maybe 450-500 yds long on each side, very few bumps or whoops in it. There is a Very nice berm at the end that I can rail 3rd with no worries of going over (if it's in good condition, and not too rutted out)

The parking lot was Buzzing with people, all that I spoke to were very friendly, and talking about what they ride, and asking questions about others, some were actually helping others with tips about riding the tracks there. But on the trails, you barely seen anyone else, If there wasn't someone up ahead holding everyone up.

The area they own is a 265 acre tract of land, but they are buying a larger plot since their contract is up next year I believe. The other area that they own is 1000 acre's, and should be Much better than this one.

I know that $50 is pretty pricey, but I had a good time there, and I think it was money well spent. I would reccomend this place to whoever wants to get a little bit of both worlds, with a friendly mixxed group of people.

Scale 1-10, 10 being the highest, with all things considered
Tracks: 7-8
Trails: 8
Service/Security: 8-9
Crowd: 6-8

~Bill
If you have any questions, just ask, I should be able to answer it if i haven't already.

Wow 50 dollars a person is pretty high for a day ride. But sometimes you gotta pay for a decent place to ride.

Hey bro, im also from beautiful Toms River and i've had my eye on that park since i started riding. How long did it take for you to get there, and how long does it take to ride every trail and track.

Joe u dumbass this is a yfm350 forum which means raptor/warrior 350... lol and seeing how he has a warrior in hit avatar then... lol well ima check that place out soon so i can go ride with riderideride...

is ok, so what's goin on all? It takes us like 30-40 mins to get there. At the end of this I'll post a pic of my warrior, lemme know if you seen me there. Ohh and we were parked RIGHT IN FRONT of the port-a-john so you shoulda seen the warrior atleast.
Well the trails are anywhere from 2-3 minutes for the ones going from the parking lot to the back of the intermediate track, and if you link them all together you can be in the trails for almost 20-30 mins a loop. The tracks are pretty good, the main quad track is longer than the intermediate, but the intermediate get's tracked out and rough for the 2 days before they maintain it again. So if you get there and it's a little hairy, then it's tougher then the advanced track since the jumps become similiar to a very small step up, like a 6 inch- 1 foot chew out where the lip of the jumps are. When it get's like that it's tough to get any decent air on them, but they can still be pretty smooth since you air off of the face, and with enough speed you hug the top of the jump with out hitting and land on the back side still. (not sure if I explained that good enough to understand, it's hard to describe)
It has enough of a variety that you can change it up and not be bored throughout the day.
I spent most of the time before 1 in the afternoon in the trails, and after that i was going back and forth between the intermediate track, and the farthest back trail with the switch backs on it. Here's what I was riding.
~Bill
0dd4dc9f.jpg

ec785296.jpg

Safety Gear: You need a helmet, Goggles (no glasses/safety classes), Chest protector, Long sleeves, Pants, Boots that come above your ankle. Gloves are optional, but reccommended.
That's all you need to ride there, Ohh and no doubling up, Each person has to have their own ride.
~Bill

Bill you must be talking about Chatsworth, Wow its $50 now last I went it was $30, like 2 years ago. The $300 is well worth it but you will tire of the place fairly easy. I do like riding in the Pine Barrens though, trails just go on forever, even though its illeagal.

yea, I'm talking about chatsworth, i don't know of many places down in the pine barrens, most of my riding is inbetween exit 59, and 91. and some off of rt 70.
~Bill

Yeah definitly exit 58, the two sand pits and the big one around RT72, just crossing the parkway is a little scarery, with cars commin at you doin 70 MPH. And the area in and around Chatsworth around RT72 there is numerous trails, definitly illegal though.

chattsworth is back to **** bill.

haha... went out there yesterday and the track was terrible. every jump was knocked down and rutted out. the track condition was absolutly terrible also. i have never been so sore from two laps lol.

a few people i met borrowed shovels and leveled the big table out. that was the only thing that actually kicked you. i measured it too haha. its 50ft until you hit a tiny bit of downside. i cleared it pretty easy but jesus its one hell of a hit on the stock shocks.

the intermediate was also pretty gay. every jump was back to crap. it was almost a roll over mound.

very dissapointed

That sucks, Me and my local riding buds have come to the descision that we call to see if they have groomed the tracks recently (within 1 day) if not, then we will head to someplace else. If it's been more then 2-3 days (especialy if wet) it get's really bad, and the middle section of the int. track is ALL SORTS of Muddy, and Rutted (black soil and wood chips are not a good wet mix). We have learned the hard way, and now will either head to our local riding spot, or either laceey or the last spot I told you about w/ the lake (if you don't remember, get in touch).
~Bill

im from toms river to havent been riding there lately last time i was there was last year. it takes me 15 to get there down rt. 70.

nice quad bill. should not be hard to spot you lol.

Latest posts

Back