Newbie jetting help

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wolvy350

Reaction score
Hi all I'm new here and have a few questions about my jetting.
I recently installed a k&n filter and a cfm performance exhaust tip. The spark arrester is removed. My current jetting is a 132 main and mixture screw 2.5 turns out. The mixture still needs adjusting but im not sure if im right on the main. When I open it up it seems to rev high but isnt really pulling. Should i go to a 136 main? Or should I mess with the needle a bit? I pulled the plug and it is a grayish color. I would like to get it a bit darker and even chocolate if I could. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Go up to the next size main and see what happens. You really don't have to worry about the mixture screw until you're having issues with the idle or off the idle performance.

OK So I replaced the main jet with a 136. It is running much better but i am getting a tiny bit of black smoke right off idle, you really have to look to see it. It runs great so I'm not sure i wanna mess with it any more. Is a tiny bit ok? I know it means i'm a litte rich and would guess that it is the mixture screw? Also I'm looking at getting some grommets for the airbox, the kind with the filter in it. UNI makes them. If i'm running rich that should lean it out a bit.

The smoke shouldn't be a huge issue. If you're concerned, check the condition of the plug after your next ride.

Back