new warrior engine smoking

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

89warrior

Reaction score
I just rebuilt the engine on my warrior from top to bottom. I have ran it for about 3 hours now. Today after i got done washing it off i started it up and it was blowing blue smoke (oil) for about 2 mins and the cleared up. Is this normal? did i **** something up?

did u line the rings up when u did it that will make it smoke they need to be facing he opposite direction as each other and how are the valv seals should not smok after a like an 1hour after rebuild when stating it

my warrior does the same exact thing. the guy before me rebuilt the top end but I think he messed up on the valves. it still has a lot of good power.

ok well I put a 2006 raptor full exhaust ( I know it does nothing for power). It only smokes while it's warming up. After it's warm no smoke.And it has Tons of power. When I'm shifting from 1st to 2nd it wheelie's like crazy. I just want to make sure I didn't **** anything up. I rode it pretty hard on brake in. And I'm sure it's still braking in. Thanks for all the help so far!

Well if the smoke doesnt go away something is up. Smoke in the initial new running stages is normal because you use oil when putting the piston in and this oil burns up. I would give it a few rides and see - it is possible that they didnt scatter the rings as they should of and some oil is getting through (although unlikely).

Well like i said the engine has about 4 or 5 hours on it now, and still smokes when it is first started. After it's warm it does not smoke at all.

Yea i thinking its in the head to. Because if it wasnt it would smoke all the time and not just on start up right? It smokes like a bitch when i first start it up. But only for a few secends. then its fine. Just should i worry about it or not?

i kinda worry about it u dont want to keep buring oil cause you can burn your rings up after a while and themotor will carbon up after a while

Back