New tires

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yamarider

Reaction score
I finally replaced my crappy worn out Cheng Shin Shredders. I know everybody's been saying I need to get some 20's, and I plan to get a set of razr 20's on itp t9's in the spring, but these are going to be my main tires, for trails, mud, and snow. They're Interco Swamp-Lites 22-12-9. Got them on mudthrowers.com for $120 and free shipping, which is a deal that's hard to beat.

I only got to ride about 10 minutes on them so far, but my first impressions are mainly "holy ****, my warrior never did THAT before!!!" My trails haven't been rode on for a few weeks, so they are covered with loose leaves. I might as well have been riding on pavement while i was accelerating, I couldn't detect a single bit of wheel spin, going full throttle uphill on the leaves. They also corner surprisingly well, and ride smoother than the shredders did. I can't wait for the snow!!!

8e98f6c91973699388bb9bcea6849c9f.jpg

3360090012ba953c72f29ae9fb55ff5a.jpg

4393bad96ca14a78409c32dcbc8e00fb.jpg

I've rode on those tires before, they are ******* amazing, and not too heavy for what they are designened for!!!! They look really good too
I also got my new tires today, 18" kenda mx's for 130 with 3-day shipping, not too bad a deal.

i have some interco super swampers and they hook up great in all conditions only downfall is there a lil on the heavy side.

those look like awesome tires and theres something about a sport quad with mud tires thats cool

Tires look awesome. The tall tread should do great in muddy conditions.

dude, do you ride with no grips???

lol not normally, but those are new bars, and I was waiting until the tires came in to get new grips, so I wouldn't have to make 2 trips. I got another set of pro-grips today, just didn't get a chance to put them on.

ah, got ya lol, I rode like that and its IMPOSSIBLE to hold on at an mx track with that haha
Next time you get grips look into msr dominators, they are fatter, and felt way better then my pro grips.

wow, I would love to have those tires, but my razr's are good enough! they look like the do a good job of gripping in almost any terrain.

I got a good ride in on the swamplites today, and wow, i'm amazed by these things. I never thought a 2 wheel drive could get this much traction. I couldn't find a spot where these things wanted to spin, even going up steep wet slick clay banks along the creek it wouldn't spin. On the downside, they make it difficult to do donuts. About halfway through the donut it usually grabs and wheelies out of it. It takes a lot of power to spin them, but when they get spinning they lob baseball sized chunks of mud, grass, corn stalks, roots, squirrels, whatever, and send them flying like 30 feet in every direction. Nobody seems to want to ride behind me anymore now...

thats one hell of a agressive tread on a tire i bet they will throw some serious roost feel sorry for who gets behind you hell yeah

i might even skip the bearclaws and get me a set.... what would you guys recomend? and about how heavy are they?

Edit:nvm they have the weight on the website.

These tires feel heavy when they're off the quad and you're carrying them around, but when you're riding you don't know the extra weight is there. The only advantage I can say about the bearclaws vs these is that the bear claws will slide easier and more controllable. The tread on bearclaws is less aggressive and less deep, with the swamplites it seems like the more throttle you give it, the deeper they dig in and hook up. Once they get some more miles on them the edges on the lugs will start to round out a little, and then it may not be so bad to slide them. Right now it takes almost all the power I have to even get it sideways in grippy soil. In hardpack they actually slide nicely though.

itp has the new mudlites and they look pretty nice. they come in 20x11x9

did you spray paint your rear sprocket if so wht did you do to have it stay on there?? those tires look real nice..i got the 20" razr 2 on the rear with douglas .190 and they are exceptionally light for how beefy they are.

itp has the new mudlites and they look pretty nice. they come in 20x11x9

the problem with mudlites is that they wear out too damn fast. I don't know why you'd want a 20" mud tire anyways. When you're going through mud, the more ground clearance the better.

did you spray paint your rear sprocket if so wht did you do to have it stay on there?? those tires look real nice..i got the 20" razr 2 on the rear with douglas .190 and they are exceptionally light for how beefy they are.

I painted the sprocket, hubs, axle, and carrier with DupliColor automotive spray paint. The trick to get it to stick good is to get several coats of some good primer on first. Even with that, it can still chip off though.

Back