new spark problem

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xj4m3

Reaction score
alright guys as of recently my warrior doesnt seem to want to start very well. It has a pretty new battery but when i go to start it, it cranks and cranks but will not spark or start. Eventually after about 20 seconds it will spark but it is a late spark and all it does is backfire. It will do this over and over. After trying a new plug to no avail i put it on the charger and it started. WHY??? the battery has plenty of charge.........................After you get it running once it is fine and will start fine for about 4 hours after it is ran and then it all starts over. any ideas? also it runs fine once its started

The battery may show a full charge, but when put under load it drops significantly. I just had to swap out the battery in my dads car because that's what was going on with his...
~Bill

Try dumping a little Distilled water in the batt (if it looks a little low on acid). and give it a charge

the battery is under a month old, full of acid and holds a charge fine so i dont think thats my problem.

find someone with a load bank tester and put it under a load just cause its fully charged it dont mean its got enough juice to turn the motor over under the load of the motor

my 88 warrior is doing the same thing. im thinking its my battery because i runs fine other wise so it cant be the coil or anything. and when i push start the bike it starts right up. still acts like its fully charged- turns over fine but doesent start.

ill check it this weekend but i dont think thats my prob. any other suggestions to check??

If it seems like the starter is whirling over the engine okay, and you are getting an intermittent spark, it's probably not the battery. I would check the resistance of the stator pick-up coils. You might also have a bad connection in one of the wires for the pick-up coil, which sometimes is making contact and sometimes not. Once you have consistent good, spark, then you can investigate fuel issues.

John

Back