New Carb?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason350

Reaction score
Hey guys I was wondering is a keihin carb any better than stock carb? Mine came with a new keihin on it also what size jet would u suggest for open airbox with outterwears cover and pipe a 150 or 152 mabye, not sure but any advice would be much appreciated, thanks.

i believe i have a 155 in mine running no airbox and many upgrades,,, i would start with a 150 and see where that takes ya... i like thae keihin cause it is simple to tune and is a clamp mount....

If I decide not to run an airbox at all, what kind of filter would u reccomend?

i would recomend a k&n with a outerwears cover
if you run a foam filter it will cram itself with dirt and they are a pain to clean

you might want to your airbox with no lid if you hit alot of water/puddles/mudholes where you ride. I went years with no airbox and sucking water into the carb so bad it would kill the quad then after starting it would run like crap until I cleaned the carb again. But if you run dunes and such your good with no airbox

I would go with a uni and a outerwear type cover. Ive seen and heard to many horror stories about k&n's letting in fine dust in real dusty conditions.

I have a k&n with ourwears but have my airbox lid on, refuse to run without afraid of gettign water in it. I have't noticed any problems with it getting dirt through it. Though I may need to recharge it, I have also heard k&n work better when they are dirty.

Oh well yea guess it would, its been a long weekend and was a long last week been sick and coming off night shifts from the snow.

Back