Need some help with cams and piston.

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yuana

Reaction score
Okay, let me start out by asking if I really need a high comp piston when doing a cam swap?

Does the Wiseco piston do anything for the motor when you use the STD size? I don't want a oversized piston in the bike because there is nobody here that can do it right, atleast that I know.

Was thinking of ordering a webcam .430, you guys have any suggestions? Any help will be appriciated!

Thanks in advance

The Wiseco piston is a great idea, go with the STD size if you can, its higher compression than stock (so it makes more HP, good for adding low end grunt) and its lighter than the stock piston (so it will rev up alot quicker). As for cams, I'm running the Webcam "midrange" cam (aka the .390 lift) which addds HP throughout the entire RPM range making it a great cam for all around riding / trail riding. I've also ordered a Webcam .430 lift which will be here next week, from what I've heard its more of a midrange to top end cam and can take away a little bit of power from your bottom end which means your engine is going to want to rev up higher to hit those HP numbers. You will notice the best gains in power when using a cam in conjunction with a pipe and intake mods.

Hope this helps.

Ok, I think i'll go with the Wiseco STD piston but not sure about the cam size yet, I do have my pipe and intake mods so that is okay.

Thanks for the info

Ratchracing, let me know how the .430 works for you!
I'm still trying to make up my mind about a .390 / .415 or a .430 cam.
Don't really know what would work best and where the power will be with these cams.

Anyway let me know

Thanks

hey i blew my motor to and they say with a 400 stroker and cam u gotta have race fuel is this true

Back