Need Help Fast!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r350ridin

Reaction score
Hey how do u get that tab up of of the clutch boss nut? and how do u keep the clutch from turning

ok i got the tab up now i have to figure out a way to keep the clutch from turning, commin guys iwanna ride bad,

I am guessing on holding things still temporarily while you tigten. jamb a rag in the teeth or softwood, as per manufacturer for diassembly

Rags do work for removing the crankshaft nut and counter balance nut but on the clutch I think it just spins around, so I used a chuck key wrench thing for a dewalt angle grinder that works real well. There are 2 holes on the inside of the clutch boss, the wrench has 2 pins. I stick 1 pin in the hole and the other rests against the side and restrains it from turning.

how far am i supposed to tighten the bolts that hold the clutch springs in

how far am i supposed to tighten the bolts that hold the clutch springs in

They will tighten all the way in, and get torqued to i believe 7.2 ft/lbs

wow this suck i broke one of the studs off trying to get the clutch loosei ordered the thing with the studs on it thought, where did u put the screw drivers at greg?

I put the screwdrivers in the 2 holes intended for yamaha's special holding tool

oh ok how much is the special holding tool and where can i get it

oh ok how much is the special holding tool and where can i get it

I don't know how much it costs (probably ridiculous) but I think you'll have to order one from a yamaha dealer, unless your dealer is in a good mood and is willing to lend you one, or rent it out.

ok got it all back to gather started her up pulled her off the patio cut her off when inside got my helemet came bakc out srarted her up and now the clutch wont disengage wtf

did you put the friction plates and the steel plates back in the same order they came out? How is your clutch cable adjustment?

Did you soak the plates in oil before they were installed? Did you check the basket for burrs that the plates could get hung up on?

and another thing i just took the cover off and it looks like they are disengaged, greg when usee this get on aim plz.

When you say it isn't disengaging, you mean it's locked all the time, or acts like you're just sitting in neutral?

The basket is the big part with the forks coming out of it. In between those forks it can get pitted and worn from the plates making contact, and if those burrs get bad enough they can cause the clutch to stick.

Back