My Warrior Wont Start

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jason350

Reaction score
So my 94 warrior won't start. I checked batt connections. Yesterday I went out and changed +side batt cable. It still just makes a light buzzing sound fron the back, I can actually feel 1 of the plugs on the back left vibrating when it buzzes. Oh, and my headlights aren't coming on. Any help or advice would b much appreciated.

If that doesnt work try sticking a screwdriver across the 2 terminals on the solenoid after the battery is charged, And have the key and the run switch on so its ready to start.

Yeah, whe he said, that will let you know if the silonoid is bad or not.

Thanks guys, I'm gonna try that in the mornin. But would that have anything to do with my headlights not comin on?

Well guys, I put the charger on it this morning to make sure it was charged & it was good so I stuck a screwdriver in between the terminals and it sparked but that's it the starter didn't do a thing. Does that mean my starters toast?

Check the terminal on the starter for corrosion and did you hold the screwdriver on the terminals long enough for it to turn over? also was the key on and the kill switch in the ''run'' position?

Yes, the key was on & the switch was in the run position. Lol. The terminal on the starter didn't look bad but I'll take it off & clean it tomorrow and see if that helps at all. On a side note I fixed my headlights, it was the lil + wire comin off the silonoid, bad connection at the fuse holder. I'm ready to ride, I wanna get it fixed before we get more snow.

Last edited:
Hah, i fingured it out! lol i was readin past post & found "having starting issues" on page 3. Well i switched my neutral light relay with my starter relay made sure it had juice & she fired up. B-) so i just need to order a couple relays, wouldnt hurt to have an extra. lol

Back