My raptor 350...pics and mods

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'll sell the filter for $15 shipped! thats just a little more than shipping but i dont need it and would like to help someone out that does. starting with kyle to be fair, just let me know and i'll pm the address.

it all depends on want you want in a filter if you go k&n make sure you use a prefilter, foam cleans out better but use a good cleaner and oil (not gas)

ya the more and more I read it seems that a uni will be the way to go. Now I just gotta figure out how to get a clamp on set up for cheap.

Hope to finish this stage of the project next week some time. I think nex will be a full skid plate and new bars.

ebay has some good deals on em. let me know if you for sure want it so i can pass it on if you dont

thanks but im still debating back and forth lol so go ahead and sell it to some one.
I just need to make up my mind...after all it just an air filter!

hey i have a adapter plate laying in the back that wnt to my old filter its not being used if it matches ill send it your way

Thanks for the offer I found one local for $10 so I just picked it up. I think I've decided to stick with a uni filter do just need to find the right clamp on part number.

Well got it back together tonight and wow was I surprised how much junk was built up in the oil filter!!! Wow I'm kinda surprised there wasn't any pieces in the oil....guess the filter did its job!!

But now I can't get it to start! Killing me! All I did was jet the carb install new air filter, remove clutch cover and changed the oil.....

It's got spark and I pulled the plug and it did smell like fuel, but not a lot. Wasn't soaked like I would expected. Any idea what I could of done? Thinking some thing in carb but I don't know what.

Hmm timing good? Did you change anything else on the bike besides filter and jets? How big a change did you do to the jetting ?

Did have time to check the timing but the only thing I changed was a 143.5 (?) jet to a 150. Changed the oil filter. Changed clutch cover gasket. Filled with amsoil. Installed new oiled uni air filter clean the heck outta the air box drilled holes in air box.

That's it. I did noticed that I had an oil leak at the filer housing but I fixed that ASAP and swear I'm hearing like a beeping noise while motor is cranking over.

I'm done messing with it for the night as I killed the battery so any thoughts on where to look would be great! Cuz I'm stumped.....

Planning on checking fuel supply tomorrow, hoping its something simple

When you were re-jetting it you may have accidentally messed up the float height. Which could in turn cut fuel off lower in the bowl or jarred something. Thats the only thing you siad you touched that makes sense to stop it from starting. So Id start at the carb.

Pull the filter off and see if it will start. I have had freshly oiled filters restrict flow and act like putting the choke on. If it starts give it some RPM and slowly slip the filter in place keeping the RPM up till it is on. When I first put my Pro Design on my Warrior I like to never got it started with the freshly oiled filter. Once it ran and cleared out the foam a little, it ran fine.

Ok really stupid question....how do you adjust the float height on this thing? I dont remember seeing an adjustment for it?

I'll have to go look at it again after work tonight.
And I tried taking the filter off already...no change

Thanks guys!

Put a clear piece of clear tubing on the fuel bowl drain, loop it upwards and open the fuel bowl drain tube. The fuel should go to... or just above the top of the fuel bowl gasket, no more than 1/32 of an inch above the top of the gasket. if you have this measurement you are good on the float. If you are much below this... then no start, the pilot jet is not picking up fuel.

gas valve was clogged up so it wasnt getting fuel!

Got it started but it idles really high and has a pop. Doesnt seem like the idle screw does anything so I have to look in to that too. Its to cold outside to mess with it now but I might go back out in a little bit and pull the plug and see what it says.

if your valve was cloged you more than likely have some crud in your jets, pull them out and blow them out with an air gun, clean the bowl and carb with some spray carb cleaner and get a filter on your fuel line!

Pulled the carb again and it was clean still. Although i still blew sum air threw it.

And there was a problem with the throttle cable sticking. Got it all ironed out but still have slight hesitation stumble at easy 0-1/4 throttle. Gonna mess with the fuel screw to try and fix it.

Latest posts

Back