My Latest Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally got to the track here is the time slip. My number was 54. This is a stock warrior with no mods and my 265lbs on it. It was a blast after not having run anything down a dragstrip in 14 yrs.

timeslip3ja.jpg

No that is in the 1/8th mile and that is a banshee in the other lane. From everyone I talked to that is still impressive times for a stock warrior with my fat ass on it. We are both going on a weight shedding program.

Check with your local track and see when there test and tune nights are. My track requires that you have a leather jacket, full face helmet, and leather shoes over the ankle. I would invest in some asphalt tires, the front are 130/90-10 moped rear tires and the rear are duro's running about $120 for the pair. Give it a shot and I bet you will get hooked. ;D

I've been back to the track a few more times and have gotten down to [email protected] in the 1/8. I have put a 15 tooth front sprocket on the front and have a hotter plug and 93 octane gas. I have lost a few pounds as well. I will try a 105/93 mixture of gas next tine I go.

what kinda plug. I'd like to look in getting a hotter or better one than stock. Might benefit me with all the mods.

I don't remember off hand but all I did is tell the guy at the place where I buy my parts that I wanted a hotter plug for my warrior. The shop does alot of dragbikes so I guess they know which ones are hotter. I am at work until 8/31 but will post the information when I get home.

A D8EA is what the motor calls for, going to a hotter plug is not going to benefit you any, a hotter plug would be a D7EA. The only thing its gonna do is make your motor run hotter and could risk burning a hole in the piston. Most of the time a hotter plug is only used on 2 strokes, where it wont stop fouling plugs, the hotter plugs burn more of the oil off faster. It may benefit you, but its kinda risky. Buy a denso iridium replacement plug for it, set the gap right, and you will be set.

It may help it some, im not saying it wont, im not too good around 4 strokes in genral, only a warrior, but the only time i have ever seen anyone go to a hotter plug was when they couldnt stop a 2 stroke from fouling plugs. Try it and gives us a report, but make sure its not running super lean. Maybe you could contact NGK and ask them, i just might do that if i can find a website.

You might be right but when I raced dragbikes we would change plugs to a different heat range and could pick up a tenth here and there just by changing the plugs. I think it is the D7 but not certain.

I ordered it from the place where I buy my parts. It is a ceet cover and they got it from parts unlimited. I have seen them in Dennis Kirk catalog but don't remember the price.

Latest posts

Back