My 98 Warrior

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not yet but i figured id just get it there when i went for my first raoce its only like 10 bucks right
no it is 40 and i think that you need it b4 you go to the first race bc that is how you get your number and you will need a district crad for the district you race in and that will b 20

Ok good see thats the kind of stuff I need to know about. Ive never raced b4 so its gonna be a new expeirience for me. But I got a little track out at my buddies that is pretty sweet. I can run that real fast so why not try my hand at it.

Well I took my motor yesterday to Jackson Performance to have my top end rebuilt.... got a call today the motor needs valves, cam chain, piston, rings, gaskets(duh) and a new rod. Overall the rebuild with labor is gonna cost around 1000 bucks. boo Soooo I gotta come up with some cash

Well that price includes parts, labor and machining. It woulda been cheaper if I did all the assembly obviously but I dont have the time with work and my family to deal with it.

But still seems high, my dealer or parts dealer that does work lilke this said to do the top end on mine to hone it and do head work valves, and port polish was 500 bucks.

but if he is getting a new rod put in they will have to crack the cases open... and that is prob why its so much. ive seen some shops advertise 450 or 500 bucks just to split the cases!!!

**** man for a bit more you coulda sent the motor to FST to have the 446 stroker motor.
hell my buddy that does engine machining only charged me 20 to tear my head down to replace the valve seals, and he cleaned and checked it out.

Well that price includes parts, labor and machining. It woulda been cheaper if I did all the assembly obviously but I dont have the time with work and my family to deal with it.

i know how family goes thats the reason im still working on rebiuld parts of mine, but i did start with the motor first.

Yeah well 446 is pushing it right now.... From what I saw today when I went to Jackson to pay for parts 1000 bucks seems cheap. the rod had like 30 degrees of play in it and one of the valves was bent pretty bad.... really i dont know how the warrior was running as bad as it was

ya i know what ya mean, just given ya a hard time. though the 446 is my dream motor i doubt my wife will ever give in so it will probably stay a dream. on it runnin as bad as it was you now definatley realize how reliable they can be. lol

friggin bulletproof i guess.... I talked my wife into lettin me rebuild by buying her a huge fishtank.... bribes really help

Nope just a whine bucket that likes fish, cant get away with much else.... But thats why i hide in my shop all day

Just an update... Motor is at the shop, cant afford to get it out with the holidays and family and all.... selling all of my DG armor, a full set, skids and bumpers, cant sell the nerfs need them to race next season. dont know what they are worth shoot me an offer

Latest posts

Back