motor scavanger hunt

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toomanycars

Reaction score
I finally got time to open up the motor .. I took off the oil filter cap on the bottom of the motor and what did I find but a chunk of some thing .. Took a little vid so i didn't have to describe it ..

http://s300.photobucket.com/albums/...on=view&current=video-2013-01-15-19-43-23.mp4

2013-01-15192034.jpg

so now the hunt is on to figure out where it came from ... I first took off the clutch cover ... everything seems to be fine and in order there .

2013-01-15192006.jpg

2013-01-15191958.jpg

so then I took off the stator cover and everything seems good there as well.
So now Im at the point were I have to split the case to continue the hunt .. I have read a few post stating that there are washers that need to be kept track of is there any other concerns I should be aware of..??

each washer with a paper tied to it with where it goes so you dont put the wrong one somewhere it shouldnt be.

lol when I got mine and did an oil change I found what looked to be a flywheel keay and a few other random pieces of metal lol

shot in the dark i havent had my cover off in a while look at the first pick or vid, down in the lower left hand corner looks liker were the shifter rod should be it looks like that chunk blew out and it looks to be the same size and shape, but again shot in the dark

shot in the dark i havent had my cover off in a while look at the first pick or vid, down in the lower left hand corner looks liker were the shifter rod should be it looks like that chunk blew out and it looks to be the same size and shape, but again shot in the dark
Yah I noticed that to.

I don't feel like watching the vid this time of night. Should be sleeping anyway. Does the case have damage from the chain coming off? If so it could be from that. Just keep the washers on their respected transmission shafts and you'll be fine. Put a zip tie on the end of the shaft to keep everything from sliding off.

thanks ...i have a right side case id sale if you need it or you could just have it welded

I thought I saw something there too bones but my eyes aren't as good as they used to be :)

look over ehre i though somthing was wrong, were bones has it circled look at the top of the open it there is mare case beig broke off, its right up top of the opening it looks like a dagger

Back