Mean green blow-up machine

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratchracing

Reaction score
picked up this bike over the winter as a "project", thought I'd take it for a little rip before the tear down and fix up, but she blew up by the end of my road :(, said and done the new top end will cost $500, and I haven't even ridden it yet........****** bikes.....should just put more $$$ into the Raptor

100_1326.jpg

100_1323.jpg

so, should I fix her up or ditch it and keep hopin up the Raptor?

Ditch that bastard and get an edelbrock carb, and some new shocks. There problem solved.

Yeah I suppose its a money pit.......just pisses me off how I only went about 50 feet on it before it puked its guts

man you shoulda known that would happen the second you bought a 2 croak, but you could probably find a newer 125 motor for less than the $500 youd spend on the rebuild

cool bike, i just got rid of mine i had an 85 that i absolutely loved i put alot of hours on it and the only problem i had was with headgaskets blew two... that was becasue the kips were dirty i think... they are fun. Good luck!!!

I traded mine for a warrior.

If you do the work yourself you could rebuild the whole topend (if its just the topend) for under 200 bucks. Those things are simple to work on. I wouldnt ditch it, id put the money into the bike. Bikes cost much much less to maintain than a quad. And the rebuild factor is no big deal, its simple, tear it down and put a new piston and rings in it everywinter that will cost you about 130 bucks. Tear it down and see whats up, check the rod bearing for play. You shouldnt need a shop to tear it down, they are so simple, its near impossible to mess something up.

Posted by DSWwarrior350 on Today at 2:03pm
If you do the work yourself you could rebuild the whole topend (if its just the topend) for under 200 bucks. Those things are simple to work on. I wouldnt ditch it, id put the money into the bike. Bikes cost much much less to maintain than a quad. And the rebuild factor is no big deal, its simple, tear it down and put a new piston and rings in it everywinter that will cost you about 130 bucks. Tear it down and see whats up, check the rod bearing for play. You shouldnt need a shop to tear it down, they are so simple, its near impossible to mess something up.

its not that simple.......the sleeve is fucked and its already been bored to its max, so a new sleeve has to be put in, and the $500 price IS if I do everything myself (just for parts), upon closer inspection of the engine I notied that the bottom end is also fucked, so parts for that are gonna run about $250.....I might keep it and just work slowly on it whenever I have the time/money.......or I could ditch it sell the Rappy and get a new YZ450F.....hmmmm :cool:

500 is alot to do a top end on a single cylinder 2 stroke. I would think you could pull it off for like 200 including machining!!!! Fix and sell it and use the extra money for the raptor!!!

When i had my cr it blew up on me as well. i had to renikasil the cylinder and everything. i also redid the bottom end but it was $1000 by the time i was done

[quote:y7brnwgc]Posted by warriorspeed350 on Yesterday at 7:13pm
ditch that sh!t and hop up the rappy

Yeah thats what I concluded earlier ^^[/quote:y7brnwgc]

im just telling him my opinion

Posted by baja226sport on Yesterday at 6:31pm
500 is alot to do a top end on a single cylinder 2 stroke. I would think you could pull it off for like 200 including machining!!!! Fix and sell it and use the extra money for the raptor!!!

u gotta remember that I'm talkin Canadian $$$$, and $500 is cheap considering it needs a new piston, ring, sleeve, gaskets, and bottom end bearings

Back