Junk warrior. few questions

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paintslinga2010

Reaction score
I bought this Warrior for $350. Its a 92-94 I think. Has square headlights. It needs a ton of work but Im going to start with the motor. The guy I bought it from said it ran when he parked it but it smoked a lot. The tailpipe is black and oily so it must have been burning oil pretty good. So my plans are a bore, hone, piston and rings.
Questions:
1. What do you guys do with the heads on a top end rebuild? I've never been in a warrior head but I have lapped valves and put new valve seals on other atvs.

2.Are the older carbs junk? I havent looked at the one I have but this year is supposed to have the 2 cable setup. The throttle is very stiff.

3. The bottom end spins freely with a wrench on it and the starter will also spin the motor so I am assuming the bottom end is good. Is there a way I can check the crank and bottom end to make sure it is good.

This is my third Warrior and this site has helped me a ton in the past. I appreciate the knowledge you guys have and you willingness to share it.

Attachments

• IMG_0362.jpg
    IMG_0362.jpg
    88.6 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_0363.jpg
    IMG_0363.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 16
i'll second what beast wrote and add some basic mods you'll want to do are raptor clutch mod, direct shifter mod, and a cam these and some of the best simple mods going

Lets not forget the valve stem cap on top of the accel pump rod. Polish up the throut of the carb real good. Open up the air box, slip on muffler, etc... No real way to inspect the crank without taking the top end off. But, since you are doing that already, you will have complete access to the rod and top of the crank.

"Polish up the throut of the carb real good" Sorry to hijack, but can you expalin better ( remember i m portuguese :) )

Latest posts

Back