Joined the dark side

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skylarc180484

Reaction score
I joined the "dark" side friday night when I traded my 2 dirt bikes for a 2002 Honda 400ex. What a difference between it and my old warrior. My friend bought the warrior so we went riding Saturday and the 400 smokes it in handling and power. Top speed was very close on the two though. The weight factor is very easy to see when you get onto the 400 after riding the 350.
the warrior i would have to pull hard on the bars to wheelie while punching the throttle, on the 400 if i just punch it the front end goes skyward and is easy to keep up there as you switch through the gears. Here it is :
2006%5C12%5C17%5Cbikepics-749355-full.jpg

Meh, my warrior would kick that thing's ass all over the place. I never got beat by anything smaller than a 440.

TRAITOR!!! BURN THE HIPPIE!!! lol j/k

It is not that the 400ex is extremely light compared to the Warrior when it comes to wheelies it is where the 400ex carries its weight. Look how far back in the frame the engine is. There is hardly any weight in the front of those 400ex's. Just be careful the first time you shoot up a steep hill. The nose will not stay planted like you are used to.

Looks good! Something new to start dumping more money into ;).

I thought it was a 300 ex untill i read about it and looked closer...

Ive been racing my friends around my track today after school. I can take the one guy on a crf250r and a cr125 around it i am pretty impressed. I don't like the lights up there either but they do work good. The problem about riding now is by the time i get home from school i get to ride for an hour then its dark. Once it starts to stay brighter for longer i am gonna take the lights right off and maybe try to find some smaller ones that i can hide a bit better. Not having reverse is a pain sometimes but it is pretty easy to lift and throw around.

My friend has a 400ex. I like them, easy to wheelie and good power. All hondas are easy to wheelie thats what i like about them.

looks REAL good man..just a thought paint the rim black but leave a gold ring around the outside? any ways NICE!!! but the lights HAVE to go like you said. REAL nice!

I love the light front end. The wheelies you can pull are soo sweet looking and i have not had a problem going up any hills yet. Ive read something before, i think it was somewhere on this site that wheelies are good because they impress all the ladies which they do :cool: ;D

[quote:uqrlt7me]My friend has a 400ex. I like them, easy to wheelie and good power. All hondas are easy to wheelie thats what i like about them.

And that is also their biggest downfall[/quote:uqrlt7me]

This is true. Especially where i ride because its all steep hills. My friend had trouble on some of them with is 400ex.

Back