Is there going to be an increase in power?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

skylarc180484

Reaction score
hey, i got my warrior torn apart because it has burned a little oil since i got it. i tore it apart and it has the stock piston, bore and is all original from 1992. I took it to a nearby machine/atv repair shop and he is going to redo my valves and bore my cylinder for me. I was wondering if with this new top end it might have a bit more power because it was pretty tame before it had a hard time lifting up the front end and climbing some hills and it had the stock gearing.

Depends on the condition of everything before the rebuild. If it's original from 92, and it was smoking, you'll probably notice a power gain. When I had my recon rebuilt after it was smoking for a while I noticed a huge power gain just from freshening everything up (it was in bad shape though, the first rebuild had to be a .50 over because it was worn that bad.

I would expect a bit aof a gain over a beat motor as long as it is together right!!!

You can expect quite a bit of a gain if you add a JE 10.75 to 1 piston and with the cam/spring kit. While you do the revalving you should add a +1mm intake, they are only 50 or so from powroll, that should give you a nice gain. The stock compression is only 9.3 to 1, definately go with the JE piston.

too late now darn.... :mad: but ill remember that for the next time it breaks down. i was already looking at a cam though i wanna get a poweroll one

Back