intake

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrock420

Reaction score
ive went threw 3 brand new intake manifolds...they keep crackin right were the rubber meets the aluminum ...what could be making this happen?

youre installing it wrong. they are only made to go in one direction. i made this same mistake and tore the boot. with they way the boot is made to fit from the engine to carb, the angle of the carb actually forces the boot to tear if its installed wrong. i know it looks like it doesnt matter but it does

There are only a few things I could think of.

- As 99warriornj posted, they have to be installed with the reinforced ridge towards the top, that thicker rubber is there to support the weight of the carb hanging on it.
- Being too rough installing it and working on the carb. They're fragile and if you have to force it, bend it, etc. that can crack it.
- Broken upper motor mounts causing excessive movement and vibration.
- Incorrect alignment of boot between airbox and carb causing continual stress on manifold
- Air filter mounted directly on carb without airbox, continual stress on manifold

Are you getting factory yamaha manifolds or cheaper aftermarket ones? My local shop started stocking an off-brand manifold a few years back because they were a few bucks cheaper than the Yamaha parts and looked the same, but everybody that was buying them was bringing them back a month later so they went back to genuine Yamaha ones.

Just put an off brand manifold from ebaY on mine ::). In addition to that rebuilt & re-jetted carb. It's idling smoother than ever now hope it lasts awhile? It was coughing / hesitating before & would not idle. Tearing into it someone had put a dyna jet needle in but didn't go up on the main jet? Idle mixture screw was screwed in all the way? Guess that's what you get buying something used..........

Back