hybrid quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
oh, lmao...i say do it that would be sick, who cares if it weighs more it will be fast as hell, i have never seen anybody do any hybridization with a warrior....i would like to put a 400ex motor in mine, that would be sweet

The one guy did it on this site and has videos up, he's running a 600 honda streetbike motor in it and it ******* hauls ass!!!

in thje newest Dirtwheels a guy in the Letter section has a Warrior with a Yz 426 motor in it he calls it his Redneck rocket. Lol, deff Go for it It would be sick.

oh, lmao...i say do it that would be sick, who cares if it weighs more it will be fast as hell, i have never seen anybody do any hybridization with a warrior....i would like to put a 400ex motor in mine, that would be sweet

And slow....

i been looking on ebay for the motors there a little steep. does anyone want to buy my motor haha. but give me like a month or 2 haha im doing it

The 400ex motor is a very minor upgrade, still the good ol' 80's technology. A very mildly modded warrior can actually stay neck to neck with one. If your going to make a hybrid use one of the newer motors such as a z400 or larger. Zuki has always made great motors, try to find something from them that you can get for a reasonable price. Think about it, a zuki motor in a chassis that doesn't bend!!! ;D ;D ;D

whell, there is a plus to the 400 honda motor, it will last forever unlike yamahas

honda motors might be tough but yamaha motors are just as tough... you know i was thinking if you like honda's so much go buy one ;D.

whell, there is a plus to the 400 honda motor, it will last forever unlike yamahas

::) After what i have put my warrior through im not afraid to say the above statement carries no legitimate value. I have never been impressed by the 400 honda motor, neither in power nor reliability. Its a very minor step above the warrior and honestly in the warriors slightly heavier frame i cant really see the 400ex in stock form being much if at all faster.

The problems you are having are normal, your quad is coming up on 7 years old. Thats seven years of beating, seven years of trails, seven years of jumping.. etc etc.

After 7 years most quad require some stuff, right now i need a whole mess of parts, none motor related, but bearings and a few other things...

Anyway i still think the yfz motor or banshee motor would be a good switch.

The best hybrid i have ever seen though would be the banshee motor in the yfz frame talk about kickass.

I think honda is about half a step above yamaha in reliability. I have not had a single problem with my 01 warrior, but that little three wheeler I found started on the first pull after cleaning the carb Thats alot for an 1985 three wheeler.

Im not saying yamaha is more reliable than honda im just saying that they are equal.

Most of the honda's i have seen are nothing but problems, but then some are good..

same with yamaha's

The truth is it comes down to how well you take care of your machine.

But mine has proven to me it can handle anything i can throw i at, i ride wide open all the time and its never failed. And when i say wide open i mean it.

I think honda is about half a step above yamaha in reliability.
Im not saying yamaha is more reliable than honda im just saying that they are equal

i actually think you DID say honda is more reliable....u did NOT say they are equal.

But i do agree that its how the machine is taken care of... the competence of the person performing the mods, and how u ride the machine.

Ive seen a YZ250 motor in one and a YZF426 in one, Both would hall ass, but the 426 would scream up hills and fly on the straights. Im wanting to put my KX500 motor in mine.

Back