How loud is loud?

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

406elcamino

Reaction score
Wondering what a Hmf without the quiet core compares to no baffle at all on a stock muffler? there are no noise by laws around here but i would like to keep the neighboors happy

its alot louder! i did the same thing you are looking to do and it is loud!

sounds nasty thou

an hmf with no quiet core can efficiently wake the dead within 15 feet, with the quiet core it'll probably be a little quieter than the stock with baffle removed, but it's a deeper sound so it'll still travel greater distances.

I dont know how it is compared to a stock with no baffles but the hmf with the quiet core is pretty loud.

Anyone know of anything as loud a Cobra Megaphone exhaust? I'd like to quiet down my quad, but I don't know how much difference another muffler would make.

Anyone know of anything as loud a Cobra Megaphone exhaust? I'd like to quiet down my quad, but I don't know how much difference another muffler would make.

Something like a WB e-series would be quieter. I don't know about the hmf though, they're about as loud as they come. I never heard one of the cobras on a warrior, but I imagine it sounds like a lawnmower without a muffler.

Here's a full throttle sound clip of my hmf. It's not the greatest quality, and you can also hear the intake, so it doesn't even come close to doing the hmf justice, but it can at least give you an idea. (at the beginning the recorder was about 30 feet from the warrior, and it was still loud enough to distort everything)
http://members.toast.net/rikoster/atv/RoadRun.mp3

wow i like it alot, sounds like my neighboors yfz with a yoshi

It doesn't sound too bad, actually, just too damn loud. If I had 100 or so acres to ride, or raced, I wouldn't care. But neighbors and our riding areas aren't exactly meant to be riding areas... :). I'll try to get a sound clip of it, but I don't have an A/D convertor for my camcorder just yet. Put it like this: I try to run from the cops, they'd never catch me, but could follow my sound for at least a mile.

Edited to add: At idle, it sounds like a single cylinder Harley, which is cool.

take out the spark arrestor screen thing and its a little bit louder, lol.

it's been apart since august
needed to be rebuilt, needed wiring harness, i basically am just redoing the entire thing with new ****...i have the frame being gusseted right now and my shifter being made...then its off to the powdercoat/chromer my deadline is in like 2 weeks its gonna be tight to make it

yeah pretty much...plus on the 20th is when i got my old warrior 3 years ago, so no better day for it to be, plus its like the 2nd or 3rd day of spring break so i can work on it all day for 2 days or so, and then ride all week...good ****

well i should be waking the dead by the end of month as long as sweetquads has their **** together this time and i get it sooner, 290$ canadian isn't to bad i got it without the quiet core so i will have to see how it goes but i will probably have to get that quiet core anyways

anybody have any videos with warriors/raptors 350cc with the hmf?

Back