Hotcams Stage 1

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The power is shifted a little more towards the top end, with a slight sacrifice of bottom end. When you install a higher compression piston you'll gain back that power and feel a even greater effect in the powerband. The web cam just gives you a bit more midrange and top end, and it only costs 100 even when you trade your stocker core.

is there a sacrifice in bottom end power with the web cam and kibblewhite kit?

I Installed the Stage 1 hot Cam. For the money its a deal, since ya dont need the springs........

You will notice the differance. I Personally think it added more power than any other mod I did.
Since it was actually the first thing I did............So as I did other things I still think the cam topped them all. I dont think you'll put it in and say "Dam that was a waste of money"

Ps.................I'm still waiting to see what running stock specs on the hot cam will do to it!
Going on year 2...............but I dont have much time on it this year.

If your dead set on doing what Hot Cams tells ya and run there valve adjustment specs
I WOULD DEFINATLY pass on it! Its one noisy mo-fo!

Oh and DSWwarrior350 , What broke on your cam exactly........Just wonderen is all.

I Installed the Stage 1 hot Cam. For the money its a deal, since ya dont need the springs........

You will notice the differance. I Personally think it added more power than any other mod I did.
Since it was actually the first thing I did............So as I did other things I still think the cam topped them all. I dont think you'll put it in and say "Dam that was a waste of money"

Ps.................I'm still waiting to see what running stock specs on the hot cam will do to it!
Going on year 2...............but I dont have much time on it this year.

If your dead set on doing what Hot Cams tells ya and run there valve adjustment specs
I WOULD DEFINATLY pass on it! Its one noisy mo-fo!

Oh and DSWwarrior350 , What broke on your cam exactly........Just wonderen is all.

I lost the nut off my valve tappet doing 60+ so it was like VRRROOOOOOOMMMM POOOPOOOPPOOOPPP CRACK.

The hotcam wasnt as good as the webcam, all im saying is that i expected more from the .430, but its way better than the hotcam, midrange for sure, but i wanted more topend, and i got more just not as much as i wanted.. If i manage to get alot of money sometime soon im might drop a .450 in it.

The crazy thing is, my quad has tons more torque now than when stock but the piston helps that.

I know , as I recall they mention somwhere your suppsoe to use "hard welded" I think thats the term, rocker arms with the web cam............You guys using them or the stockers?

hotcam blamed the stiffer springs for the cam breaking whern the tappit nut cam loose?

well im definatly going to do it now i have to just get my banshee rear shock, front rims, and bars than the cam is getting ordered. wish i had a camara. i let you know how it goes

ya i think im defianately going for the web cam with kibblewhite valve spring kit. but i duno if i'm gona get the "all around cam" or the "race cam".

I know , as I recall they mention somwhere your suppsoe to use "hard welded" I think thats the term, rocker arms with the web cam............You guys using them or the stockers?

hotcam blamed the stiffer springs for the cam breaking whern the tappit nut cam loose?

Thats what they wanted to know was if i put them in, and i didnt. It came loose for some unknown reason but i couldnt really do much to prevent it. Use medium strength locktite on the tappets, thats what i do and i never have had another one come loose yet

The .430 race cam runs great, I would recommend it. The lobes are enormous compared to the stocker, they are very wide with a huge duration.

i looked into the race cam also, but i dont need that till i find an exuse to rebuild the hole quad, hi comp pistion, port polish, valve job, ect.

Back