hole

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mbridgs2

Reaction score
i was looking at the floor under my wheeler and noticed oil on the ground so i started looking around. after 5 min i saw all this oils and grease on the left side next to the front sprocket and noticed there was jb weld covering a hole in the case about the size of a penny:argh:. it looks like the chain came of one time and broke the guard. now what do i do? get some jbweld and try to make it better then the last or buy a new lower end?

your better off with a new case sorry to hear but jb weld dont set up wen theres oil involved. a guy did that to mine before i bought it luckily it was just the stator cover.

drain the oil, clean it up and try jb putty or liquid steel it is worth trying to fix it better than to spend all that money. Make sure to get the old jb off 1st. Lots of warriors are running around with this fix just make sure you do it right and clean everything 1st.

Mines JB Welded. Dont know for how long, but its holding up just fine. Just clean it up real good. I would probably use a good bit of brake parts cleaner as it evaporates. You dont want water getting into the hole and into the crankcase.

i think im gona really try to make a good effort to jb weld it. it seems like people have done it before and i dont know why i couldnt do it now. i thought about welding it but not sure how it would seal up what do you guys think?

ya could weld it but then youll still have to split the cases because of the spatter and internals. Mines been JB welded for probably 10 years, i know this cause the previous owner is a buddy of mine. JB weld will work, as siad prep is the key to making it last.

hey i hope im not to late to say this but i was just browsing the forums and read this thread and it made me have to register so i can tell you what i did to fix my wheeler when this happened.

broke a hole in my case from the chain coming off the first day i purchased it (silly me for not checking chain slap). anywho i was pissssed so what i did was bought some sandpaper, brake cleaner jb weld (not liquid steel or steel putty) and a cotton ball. YES a cotton ball.

any i took my sweet ass time to prepare around the hole with the brake celaner and sandpaper, took about 2 hours just to make sure it was good to go. i made sure that it was all neet and clean that case was so shiney :D. anywho i mixed both tubes of the jb weld together really well then took the cotton ball and just mushed it into the jb welb, get it really really really saturated, then i put the cotton ball over the hole and smoothed out the sides all over the spot that i roughed it up with sandpaper making sure i didnt push to hard over the actual hole in the case because there were some bearings that were showing through the hole. anyway i let that sit for a whole day and went back the next day filled it up with oil and it has held up ever since, im tellin ya i was sceptical about this fix but it has held up remarkably well. if need be i can put up a couple of pics if you wanna see how it looked before and after. it just looks like a big wart it stickin out the side of my engine :p but im fine with it.

hope this helps!

I like to use hanger 9 two part liquid epoxy for these type things..
did a 1970 z50 hard tail rusted out gas tank with it too

here i just decided to post up a pick of the before and after

IMG_20101004_102532.jpg

IMG_20101004_105213.jpg

well apparantly i cant follow directions but those are the links

Last edited:
jgray44...Welcome to the site and would like to see some pic of that master piece...Could help with this post for future viewers.

bwahahah got them to work :) and thanks for the welcome :D

Back