Hiper rims, need help asap!!!

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

klutchbuster350

Reaction score
Ordering a set of hipers soon, but I dont know crap abotu this offset, and what size to get.
My frotn end is about 50 " exact, so does that mean it doesnt need any offset?
The rear is about 47? Im not really sure lol, I'll have to ask the previous owner, but do I make it so the offset makes the rear 50" wide? or even then, what the hell is offset lol.

Offset is basically where the rim mounts compared to the inside and outside edge of the rim. For example on 9x9 rims a 4 +5 offset will have 4 inches of the rim inside of the hub and 5 outside. So running a 3+6's will basically give you a total of 2 inches wider than the 4+5s. For your fronts it would be best to find out what the stock offset is and stick with that.

It is often best to stick with stock offsets because extended A-Arms and Axles will many times put you over the AMA limit of 50" width with offset wheels.

turns out my a-arms are +2, not plus 3, so im just an inch or two under the regulation 50. Going with a 3+2 front, and a 3+5 rear.

Just curious how do you pronounce "hipers"? Hyper like a little kid or like hip, like a hip-hop song?

Just curious how do you pronounce "hipers"? Hyper like a little kid or like hip, like a hip-hop song?

it's pronounced like "High", like a stoner

******* great
Re measured my tie rod, came out to 14 1/2
According to lsr, 12 1/2" tie rod is a +2, 13 1/2 is +3
SO how the **** is my tie rod 14 1/2, They told me to measure JUST the tie rod, which i did, So now I'm stuck, and the previous owber doesnt remember what size they are either...
Getting agrivated and pissed off now that I know how the offset works, but dont know what to get becuase I dotn know how long my a-arms are. I measured the whole bike and the width came to 48.5.

set it straigth with lsr, gave me the wrong measurements
I have +3's up frontand a +4 rear axle
4+1 front
3+5 rear
tahts what im going with so far, can anyone verify for me that this is either EXACTLTY 50 or jut under?

if ur quads fifty inches now, why not just measure your rims and go from there?

???

just take a tape measure and measure how much dish "depth" there is on the front rims. very simple.

you have +3 arms so i would go with 4-1s to be safe and there is less bump steer.

yeah, thats close enough because you wont find a rim that will put you at a true 50 inches, i have gibson long travel on my quad and with 4:1 front rims im at 49" and a litttle extra

Back