help with other quad

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fish22

Reaction score
hey guys, besides the warrior, i got an '06 Arctic Cat 400 4x4 auto.
It is having some issues and i figured there are some guys on here that know engines so i thought maybe some of you guys could give your thoughts

She starts up and runs great for about 15mins then it will suddenly lose nearly all of its power. you have to be full throttle to keep it running but most times dies then wont start for about 5-10 mins.
If you give it its 10mins, then you have another 10 mins to ride, then it loses all power.
I have checked everything i know to check. I am wonder about stator but i really am kinda out of ideas. Thanks

hmm i would start by cleaning the carb and check it out good!. check/change the sparky plug. then i would start looking into electrical problems.

will do fellas. I have cleaned the carb and inspected it 3or4 times now. The intake boots is something i did not think of.

okay. i checked the intake boot, fuel filter, fuel vent thingamabob, and measured the resistance across the coil and got .6 .
didnt find anything unusual.

Any other ideas? i was thinking of having the stator tested, but i dont really wanna tear into the motor unless i have to. lol

Back