help with finding TDC

Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum

Help Support Yamaha Raptor 350 & Warrior Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dazzo16

Reaction score
Ok, so I got the gas tank off, the intake rocker arm cover thing. and the **** where you can turn the crankshaft bolt with. I watched a video on a wolverine on you tube. The guys wolverine has a hole next to the crank bolt so it is easy to see where TDC is. What comes off next in my case since i have no way of Seeing TDC at the moment?

thanks for helping me
rich

That cover on the side of the head, take that off and youll see the cam gear. Take the cover off the side by oil filter and youll see a bolt and you can turn the flywheel with that

I understand that. But when well i know when to stop turning the engine for TDC?

Theres a plug on the stator cover that is threaded in. Its at about the highest point on it. You look thru it and turn slowly you will see letters. At the moment Im cant remember which letter it is for TDC, but I will look in the manual here.

there is a f and a t in that order, make sure ya get the t in a compression stoke.

ok cool cool. Im working on it tomorrow. Will let you guys know how it goes. Thanks again. I can always rely on this site for help.

Well i just found TDC and looked at my intake rocker arm which has no adjustment nut on the threaded stem? wtf is that? no wonder there was about a half inch of play with the clearance

Make sure to inspect the head, and especially the cam lobe valley for that nut. I've seen them come out and lodge in the camshaft. Big time damage. Use a magnet wand to help search for it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back